Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,001 Members 39,906 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] LG G2 screen problem - yellow spots

Tip us?

inedev
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hwy guys, FYI, we've established in another forum that it's the glue from (probably) only the first batch. Since then (probably) LG has started using better glue for the screen and thus no yellow spots. When it gets warm it gets yellower, when cold, it's back to uncolored.

coowkeee
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by inedev View Post
Hwy guys, FYI, we've established in another forum that it's the glue from (probably) only the first batch. Since then (probably) LG has started using better glue for the screen and thus no yellow spots. When it gets warm it gets yellower, when cold, it's back to uncolored.
Would they replace my G2 if I have this problem?

harrisnehal
Old
(Last edited by harrisnehal; 1st August 2014 at 07:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 41
Hi All,

I am planning to buy LG G2 D802 for $399 with 7days replacement option & one yr international warranty.
I saw various complains regarding screen damage after few weeks/months use.
As the warranty claim is expensive & hard for me, due to non availability of LG service center in my country.
Please suggest me, whether I buy it or not?

jerry62
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default LG G3 yellow spots

I have a new LG G3.
I recently noticed a yellow streak parallel with the shorter power connection side of the phone, quite visible when the background color is supposed to be white. If it's a glue issue, they've not upgraded the glue to prevent the problem.

I now do believe that it's an issue when the phone gets fairly warm. After coming into a cool air conditioned office and waiting a few minutes, the streak goes away (if I'm not constantly using the phone). You'd think they'd figure out how to avoid the problem. Someone's not doing enough homework, or they just don't consider the issue that important.

Daniellogic
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by coowkeee View Post
Would they replace my G2 if I have this problem?
They did replace mine, I specifically stated it as an "overheating problem". Had to get back to stock before returning it, such a hassle to do so .

coowkeee
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniellogic View Post
They did replace mine, I specifically stated it as an "overheating problem". Had to get back to stock before returning it, such a hassle to do so .
Did they replace the G2 only or the whole package? My charger cable is a bit damaged. :/

Daniellogic
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by coowkeee View Post
Did they replace the G2 only or the whole package? My charger cable is a bit damaged. :/
Just the phone, but I think that's up to your carrier.

twist
Old
Thanks Meter 46
I had a yellow spot show up far left middle of screen when the phone got real hot and now its at the top of the screen to the left. But its only there if the phone gets real hot. I also have garbage gps locking that loses signal a lot. But im affraid of rmaing and getting someone else's issues instead lol.