Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 2,195

3,307 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77

I had read that the exploit used by towelroot has been patched on all kernels dated after June 6.

I'm late but that's not the case. Nexus 5 at least had an update to a kernel past June 6th to 4.4.4 and the exploit is still unpatched. Some devices may have it merged or not but rest assured this will be patched by July's end. This will certainly not work on L when you guys get pushed AOSP to state the obvious. Here's to hoping you guys don't get an official update that breaks root.

Seeing a stupid comment on Google Play about an app you love and marking it as "spam". You've done it too.
Last edited by TheLastSidekick; 6th July 2014 at 06:54 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheLastSidekick For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th July 2014, 07:26 PM   |  #12  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,487

9,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
I doubt we will get an update like that, though I won't discount the possibility. If what ive heard is correct (and I have no reason to believe its not), Samsung sent T-Mobile the final build for our updates weeks ago. Just for whatever reason they seem to just be sitting on it. Its not like T-Mobile to do something like that, but considering we were usually the first or second to get updates on the S3, and just about every other variant has been updated, I dont see any other viable explanation.

In the AT&T forums, a couple of the Canadian carriers (Rogers and Fido I think) got another kk update from NE6 to NF2 a couple days ago. Those who updated are reporting Towelroot and Framaroot no longer work.

Not that it matters too much for us here though. Our bootloaders are not locked so we can still root by several other methods if need be. I feel bad for Verizon and AT&T S5 owners though....they may have to start yet another massive bounty thread!
The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th July 2014, 07:56 PM   |  #13  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 2,195

3,307 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77

I doubt we will get an update like that, though I won't discount the possibility. If what ive heard is correct (and I have no reason to believe its not), Samsung sent T-Mobile the final build for our updates weeks ago. Just for whatever reason they seem to just be sitting on it. Its not like T-Mobile to do something like that, but considering we were usually the first or second to get updates on the S3, and just about every other variant has been updated, I dont see any other viable explanation.

In the AT&T forums, a couple of the Canadian carriers (Rogers and Fido I think) got another kk update from NE6 to NF2 a couple days ago. Those who updated are reporting Towelroot and Framaroot no longer work.

Not that it matters too much for us here though. Our bootloaders are not locked so we can still root by several other methods if need be. I feel bad for Verizon and AT&T S5 owners though....they may have to start yet another massive bounty thread!

Haha geohot is known for making every tech company look like morons. I'd give it a week before he does it again.

Seeing a stupid comment on Google Play about an app you love and marking it as "spam". You've done it too.
31st July 2014, 01:53 AM   |  #14  
Flag Laporte, IN
Thanks Meter: 572

2,645 posts
More
Really? This pos hasn't even gotten KK and you want L? That's still in development mind you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Bass_Man25
31st July 2014, 04:50 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe3681

Really? This pos hasn't even gotten KK and you want L? That's still in development mind you

If you're referring to the OP, it was sarcasm.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Free mobile app
31st July 2014, 05:50 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 730

1,816 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe3681

*sigh*
31st July 2014, 02:15 PM   |  #17  
Flag Lexington, KY
Thanks Meter: 31

92 posts
Thumbs down
The S3 probably won't be able to handle Android L anyways considering the Nexus 5 becomes laggy with it.

I couldn't delete the post so I changed it to something thread relevant.
Last edited by daggorlad; 7th August 2014 at 02:19 PM.
7th August 2014, 05:02 AM   |  #18  
Flag Laporte, IN
Thanks Meter: 572

2,645 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggorlad

I can tell by your profile pic that you are a very classy person.

I can tell by your backhanded keyboard insults you're a douche.

That the type of reply you wanted to your unsubstantiated opinion that nobody cares about?

7th August 2014, 05:10 AM   |  #19  
Flag Lexington, KY
Thanks Meter: 31

92 posts
I'll delete my post tomorrow. I'd rather not argue on here. I just can't delete from my phone.
Last edited by daggorlad; 7th August 2014 at 02:20 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to daggorlad For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread