[Latest OTA: 4.09.605.1] [Collection] HTC Droid DNA Firmware [Radio] [hboot] [RUU]

Search This thread

santod040

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
FYI:
*228 fries Verizon LTE sim cards and should not be performed.
You will probably need a new one now.
This is not necessary for 4G lte sim cards on Verizon, they provision automatically on reboot.

Mav3rick40

Apr 25, 2013
Arnold Nebraska
FYI:
*228 fries Verizon LTE sim cards and should not be performed.
You will probably need a new one now.
This is not necessary for 4G lte sim cards on Verizon, they provision automatically on reboot.

No that's not true I called Verizon up and they told me that my phone needed updated it hadn't been done in over a year and I reboot my phone everyday. You are supposed to shut it off for 1 to 2 minutes and turn it back on. And for the *228 frying the sim I haven't and I did the *228 2 or 3 times and my sim card is fine.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

santod040

Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
No that's not true I called Verizon up and they told me that my phone needed updated it hadn't been done in over a year and I reboot my phone everyday. You are supposed to shut it off for 1 to 2 minutes and turn it back on. And for the *228 frying the sim I haven't and I did the *228 2 or 3 times and my sim card is fine.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

You may not agree, but that is what I know to be true.
Whoever you spoke to at Verizon, was misinformed, or didn't pay attention during training.
Glad it didn't hurt your sim any. I'd say you've been lucky...

Reactions: Mav3rick40

supertoast92

Jan 8, 2013
Thanks for the reply, but still no good, at least with shutting the phone down. I let the SIM card sit out of the phone for those few minutes as well.

Now here's something interesting: I changed my preferred band setting (running CM11) to LTE/WCDMA, which supposedly is 4G LTE and 3G, respectively. So far, LTE has held. But my phone has been on the Global setting for the longest time, so I might just pay a visit to the VZ store on my way home from work tomorrow to see if I can beg them for a new SIM card, since I probably won't be able to get 2G/1G signal on this current setting. At least, I don't think I will. And it probably doesn't matter, as I'm usually around LTE, let alone 3G, coverage... :confused:

Edit: Nope, dropped to 1X after about 15 minutes of LTE. To VZ I go!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mav3rick40

CertifiedBlyndGuy

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2014
Denver
OnePlus 9 Pro
4.4.2 RUU

Thanks for the reply, but still no good, at least with shutting the phone down. I let the SIM card sit out of the phone for those few minutes as well.

Now here's something interesting: I changed my preferred band setting (running CM11) to LTE/WCDMA, which supposedly is 4G LTE and 3G, respectively. So far, LTE has held. But my phone has been on the Global setting for the longest time, so I might just pay a visit to the VZ store on my way home from work tomorrow to see if I can beg them for a new SIM card, since I probably won't be able to get 2G/1G signal on this current setting. At least, I don't think I will. And it probably doesn't matter, as I'm usually around LTE, let alone 3G, coverage... :confused:

Edit: Nope, dropped to 1X after about 15 minutes of LTE. To VZ I go!

Just curious if there's a RUU out for the DNA. I'm S-ON and Locked. Tried flashing Santod040's RUU and the second piece of teh update failed thus I'm stuck with the firmware and no ROM. I really NEED a device functioning before mid August. I'm visually impaired and my phone acts as a camera for reading text. (I need at least size 36 or above). Figured since NuSense was so good that I'd trust the stability of the RUU that Santod released. Any help is greatly appreciated. I need it working before the 12th if anyone was curious.

My CID:
VZW_001
Locked (no tampered or relocked)
S-ON
Hboots the latest as well as recovery

Reactions: dodolhn11

CertifiedBlyndGuy

Jun 11, 2014
Denver
OnePlus 9 Pro
4.4.2 RUU

Just curious if there's a RUU out for the DNA. I'm S-ON and Locked. Tried flashing Santod040's RUU and the second piece of teh update failed thus I'm stuck with the firmware and no ROM. I really NEED a device functioning before mid August. I'm visually impaired and my phone acts as a camera for reading text. (I need at least size 36 or above). Figured since NuSense was so good that I'd trust the stability of the RUU that Santod released. Any help is greatly appreciated. I need it working before the 12th if anyone was curious.

My CID:
VZW_001
Locked (no tampered or relocked)
S-ON
Hboots the latest as well as recovery

Anyone? Really need my DNA working.

CertifiedBlyndGuy

Jun 11, 2014
Denver
OnePlus 9 Pro
4.4.2 RUU

Super sad to see such a purposeful thread go down the drain. The developers were all in a situation similar to mine at once, but the difference there was a fix. Could someone not upload the ROM or something at the very least. I feel as if the devs are abandoning the DNA, because it is obsolete to them. At some point I was promised a fix, but here I am now a couple months later looking for it and the original thread where I received the RUU packages was removed due to some idiocy that the RUU no longer meant crap because HTC and Verizon could shake their hands on something. The sad part of it a;; is there were probably tens of people in my situation with my device, but no does anything for it. Screw the M8 if I can't afford an upgrade. Verizon never responded to my situation either when it was THEIR cracked RUU. never received the update in April so I rooted and then went back to stock. Then this happened. Not to mention I'm in school in about a week without a phone for my work. Being legally blind in a non disabled school is hard when you can't see! Just someone who could upload the stock OEM ROM would be nice. Is anyone working on this or are they abandoning this device?

Colomonster

Aug 1, 2010
Big Apple Circus
I have one somewhere on my computer I'll dig it up and post it before the 12th

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

I believe you are supposed to flat that ruu twice the fact that out fails one is in the OP if I remember correctly. Terry flashing it again after the fall.

Reactions: CertifiedBlyndGuy

CertifiedBlyndGuy

Jun 11, 2014
Denver
OnePlus 9 Pro
4.4.2 RUU

I have one somewhere on my computer I'll dig it up and post it before the 12th

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

I believe you are supposed to flat that ruu twice the fact that out fails one is in the OP if I remember correctly. Terry flashing it again after the fall.

No luck. Thank you for responding. Do you think that since I am locked and S-ON the OEM 4.4.2 ROM could be flashed?

It would be nice if you could upload before the 12th. Once again thanks

Last edited:

santod040

Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
Super sad to see such a purposeful thread go down the drain. The developers were all in a situation similar to mine at once, but the difference there was a fix. Could someone not upload the ROM or something at the very least. I feel as if the devs are abandoning the DNA, because it is obsolete to them. At some point I was promised a fix, but here I am now a couple months later looking for it and the original thread where I received the RUU packages was removed due to some idiocy that the RUU no longer meant crap because HTC and Verizon could shake their hands on something. The sad part of it a;; is there were probably tens of people in my situation with my device, but no does anything for it. Screw the M8 if I can't afford an upgrade. Verizon never responded to my situation either when it was THEIR cracked RUU. never received the update in April so I rooted and then went back to stock. Then this happened. Not to mention I'm in school in about a week without a phone for my work. Being legally blind in a non disabled school is hard when you can't see! Just someone who could upload the stock OEM ROM would be nice. Is anyone working on this or are they abandoning this device?

There is nothing to work on or abandon.
HTC makes the Oem signed stock roms.
They haven't provided anything newer then the last RUU which did not work out.
It has the same issue as the last stock rom/ruu they had for the Verizon m7.
I have posted every ruu up until the Sense 6 update for the m7 and they all worked 100% as intended/expected.
The last one for the Dna and the m7 on Verizon, have the same problem.
it's not something that any developer can fix for you, even if they wanted to.
So to blame it on the developers abandoning the device, is not accurate.
I also highly doubt that anyone would "promise" to supply you with an Ruu that HTC doesn't even make a habit of making available for Verizon devices in the first place.

I am truly sorry that you are stuck and having an issue.
But there is nobody here in these forums to blame.
In fact it almost seems that blame has been tossed my way for posting what I did.
I stated when I posted it, that it had not been tested by me and I couldn't guarantee any specific outcome.
Due to the fact I wasn't sure if it would work out or not, I was hesitant to post it to begin with.
Only reason I even did, was there were folks that were already on the latest firmware, with no OS, and s-on, with no way to unlock or do anything with their device.
So for those folks, they had nothing to lose by trying it.

My roms are always tested and stable and safe for your device.
But when the file comes from a manufacturer or elsewhere and I state that you are flashing at your own risk, that's exactly what I mean.
The OP is still around as well, but there is nothing more he can do for your situation either.
I hope for your sake, that a new RUU comes about, but seeing as this device is now discontinued by HTC, I kind of doubt that it will.

Last edited:

CertifiedBlyndGuy

Jun 11, 2014
Denver
OnePlus 9 Pro
Thanks

I have posted every ruu up until the Sense 6 update for the m7 and they all worked 100% as intended/expected.
I also highly doubt that anyone would "promise" to supply you with an Ruu that HTC doesn't even make a habit of making available for Verizon devices in the first place.

In fact it almost seems that blame has been tossed my way for posting what I did.
I stated when I posted it, that it had not been tested by me and I couldn't guarantee any specific outcome.
Due to the fact I wasn't sure if it would work out or not, I was hesitant to post it to begin with.
Only reason I even did, was there were folks that were already on the latest firmware, with no OS, and s-on, with no way to unlock or do anything with their device.

But when the file comes from a manufacturer or elsewhere and I state that you are flashing at your own risk, that's exactly what I mean.
The OP is still around as well, but there is nothing more he can do for your situation either.
I hope for your sake, that a new RUU comes about, but seeing as this device is now discontinued by HTC, I kind of doubt that it will.

It isn't your fault. I just somehow need to find a device and fast :) (for cheap too)

CertifiedBlyndGuy

Jun 11, 2014
Denver
OnePlus 9 Pro
4.4.2 RUU

Could I flash an odexed ROM? Stock doesn't matter, just function. Once again thanks

Would an odexed ROM be flash able?

CertifiedBlyndGuy

Jun 11, 2014
Denver
OnePlus 9 Pro
So long and thanks for all the fish

Sad to see my device go. Just got it in April. Even more sad that I can't afford a new one. hTC made such a great phone. Mine could overclock up to 1.9 ghz stably and is a better device IMHO than the Galaxy S5. Guess I'll just be using my iPad Air as an over sized phone and CCTV for now. Really hope hTC fixes this, but with the device now not having support I don't know what I'll do. Maybe Project Ara will replace it come January? Best device ever. Even more so than my maxed out Precision 690 I'm building (first build too). If hTC can't fix this then I can't develop android apps and tons of other stuff I planned. It's unfortunate that the M7 is facing this too. These are great phones and their developers are equally as great. What's the point of HTCDEV if I can't update using the latest RUU or go back to stock using it? I saw a Note 2 for $0.99 on eBay. Maybe I'll get one of those (hate the feel of plastic though). Thanks to all the devs who helped me, and others. It would be great though if someone could point in the direction of how I can contact hTC on this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    These Files are for the Verizon Droid DNA (dlx), Do not under any circumstances flash these on a different device!
    I am simply posting these for their use. As you already know, I am not to blame if you mess up your device.
    You are fully responsible for downloading and flashing any file posted by me!
    By downloading any of these files you accept these terms.

*** Make sure to do 1 at a time ***

hboot = bootloader
    radio = baseband
    recovery = recovery

Flashing Instructions
    These can ONLY be flashed in fastboot mode, NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
    (please do not ask for Recovery Flashable zips, I will not make them as of yet!)

Code:
    *** Boot into Bootloader/Fastboot USB Mode ***
    Step 1) fastboot oem rebootRUU
    [COLOR="Red"]*** Wait for the device to reboot to a black screen with an HTC logo ***[/COLOR]
    Step 2a) fastboot flash zip PL83IMG_#.##_hboot.zip
    or
    Step 2b) fastboot flash zip PL83IMG_#.##_Radio.zip
    or
    Step 2c) fastboot flash zip PL83IMG_#.##_Recovery.zip 
    [COLOR="Red"]*** When it says it is done in the terminal/cmdprompt execute the following *** 
    [The green bar only fills up about 75% of the way][/COLOR]
    Step 3) fastboot reboot-bootloader

Firmware Links

Check the MD5SUM Hash after you download!

Firmware:

hboot
    Code:
    *** You may need to scroll down ***
    [B][COLOR="Red"]1.15.605.4[/COLOR] hboot (1.33.0001)[/B]: [url=http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=4884]Download Here[/url]

[B]2.[COLOR="Red"]04[/COLOR].605.2 hboot (1.33.0001)[/B]: [url=http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=4885]Download Here[/url]

[B]2.[COLOR="Red"]06[/COLOR].605.1 hboot (1.33.0001)[/B]: [url=http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=4886]Download Here[/url]

[B]2.[COLOR="Red"]07[/COLOR].605.1 hboot (1.33.0001)[/B]: [url=http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=4887]Download Here[/url]

[B][COLOR="Red"]3.06[/COLOR].605.4 hboot (1.54.0000)[/B]: [url=http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=4888]Download Here[/url]

[B][COLOR="Red"]4.09[/COLOR].605.1 hboot (?.??.????)[/B]: [url=http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=6028]Download Here > Latest <[/url]

Radio
    Code:
    *** You may need to scroll down ***
    [B][COLOR="Red"]1.15.605.4[/COLOR] Radio (1.00.00.1023)[/B]: [url=http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=4889]Download Here[/url]

[B]2.[COLOR="Red"]04[/COLOR].605.2 Radio (1.01.01.0110)[/B]: [url=http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=4890]Download Here[/url]

[B]2.[COLOR="Red"]06[/COLOR].605.1 Radio (1.01.04.0308)[/B]: [url=http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=4891]Download Here[/url]

[B][COLOR="Red"]3.06[/COLOR].605.4 Radio (1.01.01.1112)[/B]: [url=http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=4892]Download Here[/url]

[B][COLOR="Red"]4.09[/COLOR].605.1 Radio (1.02.01.0207)[/B]: [url=http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=6029]Download Here > Latest < [/url]

Misc:
    Code:
    [B][COLOR="Red"]3.06[/COLOR].605.4 Stock Recovery[/B]: [url=http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=4893]Download Here[/url]
    This bootloader has been modified to not display the HTC DEV message on the boot/splash screen
    Code:
    [B]Modified hboot (1.54.1234)[/B]: [url=http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=4895]Download Here[/url]
    If you flashed a custom Splash Image, this will flash the Stock one back onto the device
    Code:
    [B]Stock HTC Splash Image[/B]: [url=http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=4896]Download Here[/url]
    Engineering Bootloader:

WARNING: THIS "ENG HBOOT" IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS!
    DO NOT UNLOCK, LOCK, S-OFF, S-ON, OR RUU YOUR DEVICE WITH THIS BOOTLOADER!
    IT WILL "HARD-BRICK" YOUR DEVICE 100% GUARANTEED!
    THE "ENG HBOOT" WILL FLASH ANYTHING TO ANY PARTITION WITHOUT CHECKING!
    TAKE EXTREME CAUTION WHEN CHOOSING YOUR FILES!
    FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK, THIS APPLIES TO ALL FILES POSTED!

Code:
    [B]Engineering hboot (1.39.2000)[/B]: [url=http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=4894]Download Here[/url]

RUU Links
    Code:
    [SENSE 4 RUU]
    RUU_DLX_WL_JB_45_VERIZON_WWE [COLOR="Red"][B][U]1.15.605.4[/U][/B][/COLOR] Radio_1.00.00.1023_3_NV_VZW_1.98_002_release_290923_signed.exe
    [url=https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B32gqnbh2ZecSHM2VXJoY2tFUU0/edit?usp=sharing]Download Here**[/url]

[SENSE 5 RUU]
    RUU_DLX_WL_JB_50_S_VERIZON_WWE [COLOR="Green"][B][U]3.06.605.4[/U][/B][/COLOR] Radio_1.01.01.1112_NV_VZW_4.46_002_release_340974_signed_2.exe
    [url=https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B32gqnbh2ZecYTlvV1dlZTVRS0E/edit?usp=sharing]Download Here[/url]

If you are experiencing issues with the SENSE 5 RUU, follow this next guide.
    This will wipe your device and flashes a stock recovery.
    Make sure to backup your data!

Alt 3.06 RUU

Credits for this little guide goes to jailbird2
    Code:
    *** Boot into Bootloader/Fastboot USB Mode***
    fastboot oem rebootRUU
    fastboot flash zip 306_firmware_part1.zip
    fastboot reboot-bootloader
    fastboot oem rebootRUU
    [COLOR="Red"]*** This next part is very important, you need to flash this twice ***[/COLOR]
    fastboot flash zip 306_firmware_part2.zip
    fastboot flash zip 306_firmware_part2.zip
    fastboot reboot-bootloader
    fastboot oem rebootRUU
    fastboot flash zip SENSE_5_RUU_ROM.zip
    Code:
    [B]306_firmware_part1.zip[/B] [url=http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=4898]Download Here[/url]

[B]306_firmware_part2.zip[/B] [url=http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=4897]Download Here[/url]

[B]SENSE_5_RUU_ROM.zip[/B] [url=http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=4899]Download Here[/url]

Downloads Served ~ 20,000

** In order to use the 1.15 RUU, you must revert back to the stock 1.15 hboot located above

I am not taking credit for the files, I only take credit for the guide and links I provide.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [Latest OTA: 4.09.605.1] [Collection] HTC Droid DNA Firmware [Radio] [hboot] [RUU], Tool/Utility for the HTC Droid DNA

Contributors
    .torrented

Version Information

Created 2014-03-22
    Last Updated 2014-12-14
    Frequently Asked Firmware Questions:

Q: If I flash a different bootloader will I lose S-OFF or my unlocked status?
    A: No, By flashing a different bootloader you will retain your current bootloader status.

Q: The RUU.exe keeps giving me errors, what can I do?
    A: Look below the RUU.exe links and you will see a small guide with 3 different files, use that.

Q: What are the advantages to flashing newer firmware?
    A: (hboot) Compatibility with future software from HTC.
    A: (radio) This could potentially resolve any connection issues, or low signal quality, that your device may have.
    Will get a hold of the new OTA and post files in a few days, probably this weekend (friday at earliest)

been working on a bunch of end of the semester projects

I just finished this: https://github.com/torrented/MLP/blob/master/main.cpp

been kicking my ass over the last couple of days writing(coding) this
    They can be, but I won't make them.

I cannot get my hands on it if there is one, I can't extract it out of the RUU like I normally would be able to. (HTC encrypts them)

I'll try and hunt it down.

I had to hunt them back down as well, as I had the OTApkg's and then lost them on another drive somewhere.
    ......But HERE YOU GO :good:
    I sent u a pm so u can add 2.07 RUU idk if you got the pm or didn't want to add it.

Also I think a mod should sticky this.

I would feel better posting an actual .exe version rather than whatever that was. I also figured since the 3.06 was released people would rather RUU to the newer RUU anyways. Thanks though, it's been hectic with my new class schedule and work. That's why I didn't respond.