True Silent Mode for Lollipop – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The post True Silent Mode for Lollipop XDA Xposed Tuesday appeared first on … more

List of Edge Panel Compatible Apps

more

Google Announces Plans for Projects Titan, Loon and Link

The post Google Announces Plans for Projects Titan, Loon and Link appeared first on … more

Here’s What the HTC One M9 Camera Can Do

more

G2 Degrading GPS performance

OP Soundy106

7th May 2014, 07:00 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Abbotsford, BC
Thanks Meter: 19

260 posts
More
My GPS performance has been slowly getting worse and worse and I can't figure out why.

When I got the phone it would lock on to *at least* 10 out of 20+ satellites within seconds and maintain high accuracy. Over time, it's taken longer and longer to lock, uses fewer and fewer birds when it does (I'm lucky to see 6/12 most times), and loses position more easily.

I do an AGPS refresh regularly, tried it with several different app (my main one is GPS Status Unlocked), but it doesn't help. I recently received the OTA update to Kit Kat, but it made no difference either way.

Just fired up GPS Status and it shows 0/18 satellites... trying and trying but that's it. Meanwhile, just started GPS Status on my wife's Galaxy Tab 10.1, and it instantly shows 16/16. (Ooooh, and now the G2 is at 1/16).

I thought maybe the Otterbox was affecting reception but removing it makes zero difference as well.
7th May 2014, 08:52 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy106

My GPS performance has been slowly getting worse and worse and I can't figure out why.

When I got the phone it would lock on to *at least* 10 out of 20+ satellites within seconds and maintain high accuracy. Over time, it's taken longer and longer to lock, uses fewer and fewer birds when it does (I'm lucky to see 6/12 most times), and loses position more easily.

I do an AGPS refresh regularly, tried it with several different app (my main one is GPS Status Unlocked), but it doesn't help. I recently received the OTA update to Kit Kat, but it made no difference either way.

Just fired up GPS Status and it shows 0/18 satellites... trying and trying but that's it. Meanwhile, just started GPS Status on my wife's Galaxy Tab 10.1, and it instantly shows 16/16. (Ooooh, and now the G2 is at 1/16).

I thought maybe the Otterbox was affecting reception but removing it makes zero difference as well.

This is a recognised issued of LG G2. In this section there is a topic who deals about GPS issues. Search for it
7th May 2014, 09:01 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Abbotsford, BC
Thanks Meter: 19

260 posts
More
I did search. Got either excessive unrelated hits because the search was too broad, or nothing at all when I narrowed it down. In fact, I've searched on multiple occasions with similar non-results.

So perhaps just a link to the appropriate thread wouldn't be too much to ask.

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk
7th May 2014, 02:23 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 8

85 posts
I have similar issue. At first (on stock JB) it locked in no time with great accuracy. Now on cloudypro 2.1 I have to wait for gps lock like forever (in some apps it's really fast, but for example in google maps it doesnt even get fix sometimes).

Currently I got position error shown in GPS status from 7 to 20-30m. Often speed isn't shown and when I'm not moving it shows ~5-6km/h. My father had SGS+ and from what I remember it had factory fault when due to temperature gps antenna seperated from glue and caused lack in performance. Maybe it is the same with our LG?

I dont know what's the cause, but I intend to go back to JB and see if it's gonna be any help.
8th May 2014, 01:54 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2743649

It s a very long thread, I hope it can be useful

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app
7th August 2014, 01:04 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 50

321 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestroramas

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2743649