[Q] [CM11] Hotword 'OK Google' doesn't work

27th June 2014, 09:04 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

12 posts
More
Hi@all,

I've CyanogenMod 11 M7 installed on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 (international). I have installed the newest version of the Google Search App and the Google Now Launcher as well. Google Now and the hotword detection are activated. But the hotword detection 'OK Google' does not work.

Is there no support for this in CM11? If not in general, is it not supported in CM11 for the Galaxy Note 3?

I've tried different workarounds. Usually I use Nova Launcher. As of late it supports the hotword detection as well. I thought maybe the feature is buggy. So I tried it with Trebuchet and Google Now Launcher. Both didn't work. It also doesn't work in the Google App itself!

I've configured my system in german. Usually voice input and also the hotword detection should work in german as well. Again I thought maybe it's buggy and switched to english (US). It didn't work.

I also never saw the prompt for the hotword in the Google search bar.

I use Xposed Framework with a module called Xprivacy. With Xprivacy one can restrict permissions for Apps, including access to media, like the camera and microphone. I thought this could be a reason, but I haven't restricted media for the Google Search App, Google Now Launcher and Nova Launcher. Can Xprivacy be a problem anyway?

Does anyone have the same problem? Does anyone know how to fix this?

Greets
2nd July 2014, 11:28 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
More
The matter has sorted itself out. I got an update of the Google Search App today, now it works!

It seams that this was a bug. I still don't see the prompt for the hotword in the Google search bar, but maybe this is another tiny bug and doesn't bother me.

I've still configured my system in german. Hotword detection works in the Google Search App, Google Now Launcher and even Nova Launcher! It doesn't work in Trebuchet, but one could assume that.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who contemplated about the case.
7th August 2014, 01:05 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
More
I have some more interesting information.

Because hotword detection didn't work again, I dealt with the topic again.

It seems that it wasn't a bug. I used Titanium Backup to integrate updates of system apps into the system. I don't know why , but obviously this caused the problem.

So I completely uninstalled the app using Titanium Backup and installed it again via the Play Store. Now hotword detection works again.

So if you have the same problem, do not integrate the newest version of the app into the system, or if you don't have it installed, simply install it via the Play Store and you should be fine.

Greets
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm11, galaxy note 3, hotword detection
Previous Thread Next Thread