Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,193 Members 36,895 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

T-Mobile Activates voLTE

Tip us?

makenmoney82
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Did u get the update Ota cuz I'm in bham and haven't got it yet

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app

rootgasm
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default it's part of the new baseband

Quote:
Originally Posted by makenmoney82 View Post
Did u get the update Ota cuz I'm in bham and haven't got it yet

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app
it's part of the new baseband

aznmode
Old
Thanks Meter 775
Looks like east San Jose CA have it now too. I forgot what other area where I noticed it. But too bad my home doesn't have it on N San Jose. I'm still on rooted ne6

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Don't forget to give thanks if I've helped you in anyway...

toastido
Old
Thanks Meter 437

DONATE TO ME
Been in Chicago and Naperville the past week, and i can safely say they've rolled it out here as well.

Sent from my leanKernel 3.4 powered stock 4.4.2 (NF1) SM-N900T
If I've helped you, hit the Thanks! button!

Devices:
2012 ASUS Nexus 7 - KitKat 4.4.4 Stock ROM - leanKernel(grouper) v4.0
T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 - KitKat 4.4.2 Stock ROM(N900TUVUDNF4) - leanKernel(N900T) v3.7

Helpful Threads by Yours Truly:

dongarritas
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Been in San Antonio for a week or so......now when I turn on wi-fi calling, people complain of poor voice quality?
The Following User Says Thank You to dongarritas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

flak0
Old
Thanks Meter 485

DONATE TO ME
VoLTE working in Pembroke Pines, fl

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Tmobile Note3
Rom: DarthStalker V7
ConservativeX running Compulsion 15
32 GB SD

Retired Phones:
GS3
G2X
G2
DAY-1 Nexus One

Bounty Link for LG CAM on GB:
Check out the thread and discussion here
Use this to Donate to the Project Itself for all of those involved in the hardwork Jface,Doniqq, and myself

R187J
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Been working for 3 months in mentor ohio

harperhendee
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I get three bad behaviors from HD Voice (VoLTE) on my Note 3:

1) Incoming calls don't go through
2) Cannot place outgoing calls
3) Dropped calls

For #1 and #2, it seems to have to do with the flaky LTE by my work. I work at a campus filled with nearly 10,000 engineers and techie people. The LTE here is almost unusable because of the load. When I go to make a call, it says "HD Voice" then "Failed to connect" or similar. There is -no- workaround. I end up calling on a landline.

The #3 issue I'm seeing at home as well as work. I get calls dropped, usually when I am moving from one location to another. I think the issue is getting handed off from a LTE to 3G connection. This handoff is fatal and drops the call. I get pretty good 3G where I live, and LTE through most of the house. But if I start a call in one side of the house, and move to the other side of the house I lose the call. It is extremely frustrating.
The Following User Says Thank You to harperhendee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sshafranko
Old
Thanks Meter 1,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by harperhendee View Post
I get three bad behaviors from HD Voice (VoLTE) on my Note 3:

1) Incoming calls don't go through
2) Cannot place outgoing calls
3) Dropped calls

For #1 and #2, it seems to have to do with the flaky LTE by my work. I work at a campus filled with nearly 10,000 engineers and techie people. The LTE here is almost unusable because of the load. When I go to make a call, it says "HD Voice" then "Failed to connect" or similar. There is -no- workaround. I end up calling on a landline.

The #3 issue I'm seeing at home as well as work. I get calls dropped, usually when I am moving from one location to another. I think the issue is getting handed off from a LTE to 3G connection. This handoff is fatal and drops the call. I get pretty good 3G where I live, and LTE through most of the house. But if I start a call in one side of the house, and move to the other side of the house I lose the call. It is extremely frustrating.
If they are caused by volte you can go to settings/devicetab/call and turn it off. That should stop or minimize those behaviors for you as it did for me. Although now with the latest nf4 uptade Tmo rolled out which concentrates mostly on Volte it seems to work much better.

bobbyphoenix
Old
Thanks Meter 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by sshafranko View Post
If they are caused by volte you can go to settings/devicetab/call and turn it off. That should stop or minimize those behaviors for you as it did for me. Although now with the latest nf4 update Tmo rolled out which concentrates mostly on Volte it seems to work much better.
Since the new update VoLTE has been awesome for me. Much better reception, call quality, and battery life. There must be some other stuff in there because I also noticed some new smoother animations, and a "Location" quick toggle on the pull down menu that I didn't see before. Overall very pleased with the newest update. Plus it fixes the FakeID issue.
Moto Defy Green Lens - CM 7.2 / Android 2.3.7
Moto Defy Red Lens - CM 7.2 / Android 2.3.7
Nexus One - CM 11 / Android 4.4.2
Galaxy S II - CM 10.2 / Android 4.3
HTC Desire HD - Stock GB / Android 2.3.6
Galaxy Note 3 - Stock Rooted KK / Android 4.4.2