Quote:
Originally Posted by makenmoney82

Did u get the update Ota cuz I'm in bham and haven't got it yet

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app

it's part of the new baseband
23rd July 2014, 04:31 AM   |  #123  
Thanks Meter: 814

4,260 posts
Looks like east San Jose CA have it now too. I forgot what other area where I noticed it. But too bad my home doesn't have it on N San Jose. I'm still on rooted ne6

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
23rd July 2014, 02:32 PM   |  #124  
Flag Huntsville, AL
Thanks Meter: 546

651 posts
Donate to Me
More
Been in Chicago and Naperville the past week, and i can safely say they've rolled it out here as well.

Sent from my leanKernel 3.4 powered stock 4.4.2 (NF1) SM-N900T
23rd July 2014, 04:16 PM   |  #125  
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 45

100 posts
More
Been in San Antonio for a week or so......now when I turn on wi-fi calling, people complain of poor voice quality?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dongarritas For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th July 2014, 07:16 AM   |  #126  
Flag Pembroke Pines , FL
Thanks Meter: 491

1,492 posts
Donate to Me
More
VoLTE working in Pembroke Pines, fl

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
25th July 2014, 08:01 PM   |  #127  
Flag somewhere near the canadian/u.s. borders
Thanks Meter: 41

205 posts
More
Been working for 3 months in mentor ohio
4th August 2014, 10:30 PM   |  #128  
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
I get three bad behaviors from HD Voice (VoLTE) on my Note 3:

1) Incoming calls don't go through
2) Cannot place outgoing calls
3) Dropped calls

For #1 and #2, it seems to have to do with the flaky LTE by my work. I work at a campus filled with nearly 10,000 engineers and techie people. The LTE here is almost unusable because of the load. When I go to make a call, it says "HD Voice" then "Failed to connect" or similar. There is -no- workaround. I end up calling on a landline.

The #3 issue I'm seeing at home as well as work. I get calls dropped, usually when I am moving from one location to another. I think the issue is getting handed off from a LTE to 3G connection. This handoff is fatal and drops the call. I get pretty good 3G where I live, and LTE through most of the house. But if I start a call in one side of the house, and move to the other side of the house I lose the call. It is extremely frustrating.
The Following User Says Thank You to harperhendee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th August 2014, 10:37 PM   |  #129  
Flag Little Ferry
Thanks Meter: 2,335

3,575 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by harperhendee

I get three bad behaviors from HD Voice (VoLTE) on my Note 3:

1) Incoming calls don't go through
2) Cannot place outgoing calls
3) Dropped calls

For #1 and #2, it seems to have to do with the flaky LTE by my work. I work at a campus filled with nearly 10,000 engineers and techie people. The LTE here is almost unusable because of the load. When I go to make a call, it says "HD Voice" then "Failed to connect" or similar. There is -no- workaround. I end up calling on a landline.

The #3 issue I'm seeing at home as well as work. I get calls dropped, usually when I am moving from one location to another. I think the issue is getting handed off from a LTE to 3G connection. This handoff is fatal and drops the call. I get pretty good 3G where I live, and LTE through most of the house. But if I start a call in one side of the house, and move to the other side of the house I lose the call. It is extremely frustrating.

If they are caused by volte you can go to settings/devicetab/call and turn it off. That should stop or minimize those behaviors for you as it did for me. Although now with the latest nf4 uptade Tmo rolled out which concentrates mostly on Volte it seems to work much better.
7th August 2014, 01:56 PM   |  #130  
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 315

1,486 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sshafranko

If they are caused by volte you can go to settings/devicetab/call and turn it off. That should stop or minimize those behaviors for you as it did for me. Although now with the latest nf4 update Tmo rolled out which concentrates mostly on Volte it seems to work much better.

Since the new update VoLTE has been awesome for me. Much better reception, call quality, and battery life. There must be some other stuff in there because I also noticed some new smoother animations, and a "Location" quick toggle on the pull down menu that I didn't see before. Overall very pleased with the newest update. Plus it fixes the FakeID issue.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread