Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,220 Members 45,560 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Titanium Backup: "Batch backup interrupted: insufficient free storage space"

Tip us?

Technical
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 178
Default Titanium Backup: "Batch backup interrupted: insufficient free storage space"

I was using TB without issues until SuperSu (Pro) updated to version 2.00. Now TB gives me constantly the "insufficient free storage" error. I have disabled Dropbox (and other) online backup, I have uninstalled/installed the app several times (including the Pro license).

My ROM is SlimRom 4.4.3 v5.9 (latest weekly). Other root apps are working ok. I want to save to external sdcard: /extSdCard/TitaniumBackup
SuperSu (Pro) latest version 2.00.
Of course I have free space (more than 2Gb).
avast! team member
Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-9505 SlimKat and other AOSP ROM in Dual Boot with KT kernel (if possible).
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-7500 Nameless.

Technical
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 178
Seems a 4.4.3 flood of issues is coming...

I've tested several symlinks to use sdcard, no one is working:

/storage/sdcard1/TitaniumBackup
/mnt/extSdCard/TitaniumBackup
/extSdCard/TitaniumBackup
/external_sd/TitaniumBackup

If anyone has an idea how to use TB with 4.4.3 and external sdcard I would thank so much if he/she posts how could solve the issue.
avast! team member
Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-9505 SlimKat and other AOSP ROM in Dual Boot with KT kernel (if possible).

narflynn619
Old
Thanks Meter 247
I also have the same problem using Android 4.4.2. All the proposed fixes (platform.xml edit; change directory to emulated/legacy; SDFix app; etc.) DO NOT WORK.

Please help us!

Technical
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 178
Into Titanium advanced settings, configure it to use your ROM's Busybox and not the one shipped with Titanium.
Restart the app and check if it helps.
avast! team member

noslippin
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Do you have an ext4. on your sdcard?

Sent from my SCH-R970C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Technical
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by noslippin View Post
Do you have an ext4. on your sdcard?
No, the factory one, default, exFAT.
avast! team member

twentynine30s
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technical View Post
I was using TB without issues until SuperSu (Pro) updated to version 2.00. Now TB gives me constantly the "insufficient free storage" error. I have disabled Dropbox (and other) online backup, I have uninstalled/installed the app several times (including the Pro license).

My ROM is SlimRom 4.4.3 v5.9 (latest weekly). Other root apps are working ok. I want to save to external sdcard: /extSdCard/TitaniumBackup
SuperSu (Pro) latest version 2.00.
Of course I have free space (more than 2Gb).
Did you get this fixed? I was having same issues and finally got it resolved. Let me know.
The Following User Says Thank You to twentynine30s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Technical
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by twentynine30s View Post
Did you get this fixed? I was having same issues and finally got it resolved. Let me know.
It went away the same way it comes. Right now, I think the change of the Busybox to system (and not to the TB Busybox) did the job.
What do you think it solved your problem?
avast! team member

twentynine30s
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technical View Post
It went away the same way it comes. Right now, I think the change of the Busybox to system (and not to the TB Busybox) did the job.
What do you think it solved your problem?
What solved mine was after updating to 4.4.2 (I have a Note II), it changed the way external was written to. I noticed the tibu folder was not writable and I wasn't even allowed to change permissions via root explorer. After some digging, I found this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=44370296 which explains to modify platform.xml.

After editing the file and rebooting, no more issues with "insufficient free storage space".
The Following User Says Thank You to twentynine30s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Technical
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by twentynine30s View Post
What solved mine was after updating to 4.4.2 (I have a Note II), it changed the way external was written to. I noticed the tibu folder was not writable and I wasn't even allowed to change permissions via root explorer. After some digging, I found this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=44370296 which explains to modify platform.xml.

After editing the file and rebooting, no more issues with "insufficient free storage space".
Thanks, but that was my ROM default platform.xml file, so it's not the same. My problem could be somewhere else as the .xml file was always in the correct form on how is suggested in that thread. Thanks anyway.
avast! team member