Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,150 Members 38,159 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Klick (Pressy clone)

Tip us?

lazik
Old
Thanks Meter 32

DONATE TO ME
I use HBC that's all. Klick app is good when you need long press. I need Tasker support and only HBC give me full support for Tasker tasks.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G900F przy użyciu Tapatalka
The Following User Says Thank You to lazik For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

frezd91
Old
Thanks Meter 6
There's no doubt that HBC is better. Thanks for your opinion mate!

clutterking
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolloser View Post
I second https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....headsetbutton Works great for the Klick on the Galaxy S5, would be worth buying the pro version.

Trying to use Klick on my Motorola Razr HD on the other hand is a different story. The phone (independent of rom!) interprets the click as a mouse press on the screen which makes it completely useless

Update!
I finally got the Klick to work on my Razr HD. Knowing that the click action is essentially a headset press (thus why the apps ask what you plugged it), I was able to troubleshoot based on that and found my answer in this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...trols-t1997277
Basically you install the Key test app in that thread and find out what the click is being interpreted as by android, in my case it was "BUTTON_1" with an address of key 256. This is wrong, we want the button to be "HEADSETHOOK". (Your button number will likely be different depending on phone model)
I opened /system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl in root explorer and changed the "BUTTON_1" to "HEADSETHOOK" next to key 256, saved and rebooted. Works great now. Good luck guys!

The bad news:
Nexus 7 (2012) doesn't detect any button presses at all from the Klick
Ever get this working? My Galaxy S3 doesn't detect a click either.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

coolloser
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutterking View Post

Are you running a touchwiz ROM? I think non-wiz ROMs don't work...

frezd91
Old
(Last edited by frezd91; 2nd August 2014 at 05:46 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutterking View Post

Try this: first of all be sure app is running. Then insert your Klick/Mikey/Pressy without pressing the button and if detected select Klick/Mikey/Pressy (obviously). Sometimes when I accidentally press the button it doesn't work properly.

Be careful with Klick and Mikey apps, Norton listed them as malware. I bought Klick and I switched to AutomateIt with Pressy plug-in.

eugrus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I've ordered a Klick button. Could I use the Pressy's app with it instead of the original Klick app?

frezd91
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugrus View Post
I've ordered a Klick button. Could I use the Pressy's app with it instead of the original Klick app?
Since the hardware is the same, theoretically you may use it. But Pressy app requires an activation code provided only with Pressy button.
The Following User Says Thank You to frezd91 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

badutahboy
Old
Thanks Meter 9
How fast/slow does this app/hardware react for everyone?

I bought one of these , and it is ridiculously slow to react no matter which app I use. I can generally get a single click to work, occasionally a double, but I have yet to successfully trigger a triple click event.

I've tried the klick app, HBC, and a couple other apps from the market (can't remember which, as I deleted them when they didn't work).

Is this a normal behavior, or should it react much quicker? I'd like to believe a single button press should be a simple press and release, not a press, hold for 1.5 seconds and release...

frezd91
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by badutahboy View Post
How fast/slow does this app/hardware react for everyone?

I bought one of these , and it is ridiculously slow to react no matter which app I use. I can generally get a single click to work, occasionally a double, but I have yet to successfully trigger a triple click event.

I've tried the klick app, HBC, and a couple other apps from the market (can't remember which, as I deleted them when they didn't work).

Is this a normal behavior, or should it react much quicker? I'd like to believe a single button press should be a simple press and release, not a press, hold for 1.5 seconds and release...
You can do a simple test. If headphones button has no lag when you normally use it, you can connect them to the phone and choose the klick/pressy on the pop-up. Now your phone recognize headphones like a klick/pressy and you can try to activate your action with headphones button. If there is not delay your klick/pressy is faulty, otherwise is all ok and that is the time needed by the app to process.

However response time depends on phone hardware too. Furthermore the app takes a moment in which you can do another press. For example if you short press once, the app wait for a your eventual second press before performing preset function.

badutahboy
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by frezd91 View Post
You can do a simple test. If headphones button has no lag when you normally use it, you can connect them to the phone and choose the klick/pressy on the pop-up. Now your phone recognize headphones like a klick/pressy and you can try to activate your action with headphones button. If there is not delay your klick/pressy is faulty, otherwise is all ok and that is the time needed by the app to process.

However response time depends on phone hardware too. Furthermore the app takes a moment in which you can do another press. For example if you short press once, the app wait for a your eventual second press before performing preset function.
So with my Samsung headphones, I can click as fast as I want and HBC recognizes it instantly. 3 clicks in under a second yields the triple click response. With the headset button, it won't register that I did ANYTHING if I click 3x that quickly. In fact, I CANNOT get a double click to register with HBC, and with Klick, I have to hold each push for approx 1 second.

I guess I'm filling a request for a replacement..

Tags
3.5, headphone, jack, klick, pressy