Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,679 Members 40,944 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AllCast 1.0.5.4 free, AllCast 1.0.7.6 premium

Tip us?

ganggreen777
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhiga View Post
Already in test/beta from Google, apparently available for developer Chromecasts in Spain. Now available for non developers with rooted units too. See the Eureka-ROM thread.

-= this post enhanced with bonus mobile typos =-
Both of mine are not rooted and probably can't be...since I think both received updates (not allowing) rooting. I saw a post in Eureka-ROM that there is someone selling trustworthy cc's rooted
Might take a look see...but it will be nice if he does get his app to mirror. ..w/O root

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Asphyx
Old
Thanks Meter 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganggreen777 View Post
Both of mine are not rooted and probably can't be...since I think both received updates (not allowing) rooting. I saw a post in Eureka-ROM that there is someone selling trustworthy cc's rooted
Might take a look see...but it will be nice if he does get his app to mirror. ..w/O root

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
While having a rooted CCast is a nice toy to play with...
I guarantee if the feature works at all (and it does) it will eventually make it to everyone.
Probably as an announcement during Google I/O because there isn't really much else to announce regarding the CCast and they need something to announce at that event.

tdhite
Old
Thanks Meter 2,094

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphyx View Post
Koush did not start this thread a user did.
And since the App is one of the few apps that support CCast it most certainly is a valid topic of discussion here.

All Cast Free version will work with extra features available with the premium.
If All Cast was against the rules so too would any discussion of Plex and truth be told just about ANY software written to support CCast.
They all seem to be a Plus Paid service in Apps that already existed like aVia. Bubble is free but will charge for the Transcoding side.

So I see no rule violations here on this thread. The OP has nothing to gain by his post.

And since people with a CCast are very likely to come here for support of those apps I see nothing wrong with them being here.
Fair points, as I said -- all imho. But Rule 11 is toothless if all one needs is a proxy to do his bidding. Not at all proposing that here, just food for thought.

no worries -- I'm not out to 'get' folks, this one just surprises me with the severe limitations on the unpaid software.

Asphyx
Old
Thanks Meter 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdhite View Post
Fair points, as I said -- all imho. But Rule 11 is toothless if all one needs is a proxy to do his bidding. Not at all proposing that here, just food for thought.

no worries -- I'm not out to 'get' folks, this one just surprises me with the severe limitations on the unpaid software.
I wasn't getting on you or anything...
Just pointing out that ANY talk of software here would fall under that category then and then there would really be no need to have this site at all! LOL

Naddict
Old
Thanks Meter 13,809
Thread lightly cleaned of piracy related support questions.

Moving along...

jj71787
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naddict View Post
Thread lightly cleaned of piracy related support questions.

Moving along...
did'nt know i had piracy in my post but ok
Phone: Nexuus 5
Rom: Stock

Phone:T-Mobile HTC Amaze
ROM: Evervolv

Tablet: Motorola xoom 4g

techguyone
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Does allcast have an issue with distant chromecasts?

One of my chromes is a way off, and Allcast never sees it, although Youtube does.

Anyone else have this issue if they have more than one chromecast, and it's towards the weaker side of the wi-fi range.
Voice of reason. Mind of a maniac.

CZroe
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
Does allcast have an issue with distant chromecasts?

One of my chromes is a way off, and Allcast never sees it, although Youtube does.

Anyone else have this issue if they have more than one chromecast, and it's towards the weaker side of the wi-fi range.
It doesn't communicate with it directly. As long as both the phone and the Chromecasr have a decent connection to the same LAN, it should work just as well regardless of their spatial relationship.
Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY 4G (R800at) Xperia PLAY (R800x) with Sony Ericsson MBW-150 Bluetooth wristwatch, Parrot SK4000 motorcycle helmet Bluetooth kit, and Looxcie 2 LX2 wearable Bluetooth camera/headset.

HP TouchPad 32GB running Cyanogen Mod 9.

techguyone
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Yes, just found it odd that Youtube worked, but Allcast didn't. Clearly the distance from the router isn't the problem.
Voice of reason. Mind of a maniac.

justmpm
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2,474
Sorry, I had to close this thread because the free version violates the criteria for free versions of paid apps as described in this guide: http://www.xda-developers.com/announ...da-developers/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justmpm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
allcast, android, chromecast
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe