Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Possible 13/14.3.2.3.2 root

OP Faznx92

5th July 2014, 09:34 PM   |  #71  
Thanks Meter: 2

33 posts
So does this mean because i'm on 13.3.2.3.2 the bootloader exploit would work on my device? Also, any news on this bootloader exploit?
8th July 2014, 01:33 AM   |  #72  

15 posts
Safestrap installed and it comes up but ....
I used towelroot and SuperSU and installed Safestrap-Apollo-3.75-os3.2.4-B02.apk

However, when Safestrap loads it looks like it's only displaying half the page, i.e., it appears to want the KindleFire to be in portrait but it's displaying in Landscape.

Also, pressing the buttons on the screen doesn't do anything. The power button apparently locks the screen (which I can't swipe away) and the + and - buttons cause things to happen but delayed, sometimes, and sometimes nothing.
8th July 2014, 04:31 AM   |  #73  

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallywallywally

I used towelroot and SuperSU and installed Safestrap-Apollo-3.75-os3.2.4-B02.apk

However, when Safestrap loads it looks like it's only displaying half the page, i.e., it appears to want the KindleFire to be in portrait but it's displaying in Landscape.

Also, pressing the buttons on the screen doesn't do anything. The power button apparently locks the screen (which I can't swipe away) and the + and - buttons cause things to happen but delayed, sometimes, and sometimes nothing.

Edit: Yes, what's happening is the screen is displaying 90 degrees rotated. When I touch buttons where they display, nothing happens, but if I mentally rotate the screen 90 degrees and touch where the button would be if that were the case, I get the action of the button in question.
8th July 2014, 06:34 AM   |  #74  

15 posts
Ah! I think I know what happened.

Apollo is the 8.9" KindleFire. I have Thor.

Oops.

Hope I can recover this.

---------- Post added at 04:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 AM ----------

Luckily I was able to reflash with Safestrap-Thor-3.75-os3.2.4-B02.apk and it seems to work perfectly.

I flashed on the thor-gapps-13.3.0.0-v2.zip ROM into Rom slot 1 but when it loads the screen remains blank.

The buttons (power and volume) illicit beeps and sounds so I suspect the ROM is loading but the screen isn't turning on.

There is no thor gapps ROM for 13.3.2.3.2 and the page stats DO NOT USE thor-gapps-13.3.2.4 if my firmware isn't there so anyone got any ideas?
8th July 2014, 09:13 AM   |  #75  
Thanks Meter: 8

31 posts
@wallywallywally: According to several member here, you could flash the new rom for 13.3.2.4 on the kernel of 13.3.2.3.2, it works perfectly despite the warning from the author of that rom. You can read that thread thoroughly to know more.
8th July 2014, 04:34 PM   |  #76  

15 posts
Yes, I took a chance and installed that ROM and it seems to work perfectly.

There are a couple of questions I have.

1) It has 4G but I am keeping it in airplane mode. Before rooting and ROMing it, it simply came up with a screen to connect to Verizon and the configuration menus. Does it have 4G for life or do I need an account?

2) I loaded up my normal batch of android apps and the install partition is almost full (only has about 3 gig). I cannot "move" the apps to the SDCARD parition like I can with every other android device I own, none of the apps or system menus that allow you to do that even have the option to move, but my Disk Usage app says the 3gig partition is almost full, and there's a 26gig partition that is virtually empty. Any ideas on why I can't move apps to there and a possible solution?
8th July 2014, 10:32 PM   |  #77  

15 posts
Also, this gapps-thor package doesn't have the ActiveSync account. Any way to add it?

Yeah, yeah, I know, Microsoft sucks but I need it for work.
17th July 2014, 02:41 PM   |  #78  

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallywallywally

can you give me the links for safestrap and Thorapk?

Edit: got it! Thanks!

Sent from my KFTHWI using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by damianlph; 17th July 2014 at 11:27 PM.
7th August 2014, 10:20 PM   |  #79  
Thanks Meter: 25

187 posts
Hash please keep us updated on unlocked bootloader. I would surely pay into that

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread