Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,106 Members 40,768 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Klick Quick Button / 360 Quick Button

Tip us?

lazik
Old
Thanks Meter 32

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert1968 View Post
Hi Lazik,

I started to use with Headset Button Controller as you suggested and works great!

I also use Tasker with it and its reliable and wonderful.

Only problem memory usage is horrible. 142 MB!! (see picture.)
I contacted developer and wait for answer. Probably will solved this issue.

Lazik! How is your HBC memory usage ?

Regards,
Robert
Less then yours but I see also that with using every shortcuts memory usage growths. So after 100 clicks can be also hunderts mb.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G900F przy użyciu Tapatalka

robert1968
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazik View Post
Less then yours but I see also that with using every shortcuts memory usage growths. So after 100 clicks can be also hunderts mb.

Thanks.

Robert

green2013
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs up Your app suggestion is great, i works for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frezd91 View Post
Thanks for alert mate! Do you think a phone reset is needed?

However I switched to AutomateIt with Pressy plug-in. Simple and useful.
You're welcome and glad it helped. Anyway, your suggested app is great I think I will switch to this one. Long press is working but some feature is lock. How do you trigger camera shutter and flashlight instantly when you press the button?

Thanks so much for your post!

green2013
Old
(Last edited by green2013; 7th August 2014 at 10:32 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs up Norton

Quote:
Originally Posted by frezd91 View Post
Klick app is recognized only using Norton and only as "Annoying Advertiser". I think it isn't a real malware but a false positive cause it require a lot of permissions to work properly.

However now I'm with AtuomateIt with Pressy plug-in. Give it a try, it's free! http://automateitapp.com/
You're right to give alternative app and that app works well. Though the Norton flagged title was "Annoying Advertiser", I think it is more than false positive since I also have a lot apps that has a lot of permission and puts advertisement on app but never triggered the alert on Norton and if you can see the details, you can see that it is not only ads but collects your installed app, running app, sim details and prompt to install other apps. For me, definitely violates my privacy.

But your alternative app is the best solution and as of now, no red flag from Norton and I also send it to Norton for analysis.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-19-14-44-21.png
Views:	165
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	2887691  

green2013
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Talking Try to pull it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukformula View Post
Thanks for the reply and the info. I tried AutomateIt with the Pressy plugin today but it wasn't recognising the button. I'll have another go.
I tried the app and it didn't work as well but when I pull it out and insert it again it will detect it automatically. It will also ask you to change the default action so just do so and follow the screen instructions. Good luck

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert1968 View Post
Hi Lazik,

I started to use with Headset Button Controller as you suggested and works great!

I also use Tasker with it and its reliable and wonderful.

Only problem memory usage is horrible. 142 MB!! (see picture.)
I contacted developer and wait for answer. Probably will solved this issue.

Lazik! How is your HBC memory usage ?

Regards,
Robert
thanks for the update , I better uninstall if this will the case. This why I love this forum

frezd91
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by green2013 View Post
You're welcome and glad it helped. Anyway, your suggested app is great I think I will switch to this one. Long press is working but some feature is lock. How do you trigger camera shutter and flashlight instantly when you press the button?

Thanks so much for your post!
Some features require Pro version. However if you want camera fast capture and flashlight actions you need to install plug-ins. No worries about battery drain: the developer said me that only Pressy plug-in has an active process to recognize the connected device.

sanjsrik
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Smile $1.62 each

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaisa View Post
Edit: Get the Klick Quick Button / 360 Quick Button since the Xiaomi only works with Xiaomi phones at the moment (thanks for reminder makavelisk)

Function:
You can plug it into your android phone headset jack and turn it into a clickable button to take quick pictures, turn on the flashlight, record phone calls and so on via programmed short and long clicks, all without unlocking your phone.

Pretty much the same thing as the Pressy at 1/10 the cost depending on how many you buy (and who you buy from).
-------------

Anyone have one of these?

You can find these on aliexpress for approximately $5, It's also known as a klick quick button I believe.

Sounds like a bargain compared to the $27 Pressy equivalent,

$1.62 each:

http://www.dx.com/p/3-5mm-plug-short...r-black-304463

Dan-SRi
Old
(Last edited by Dan-SRi; 7th August 2014 at 10:27 PM.)
Thanks Meter 59
So mines arrived but it seems like it doesn't go deep enough (thats what she said) and it only recognizes the click if i hold on to it... Any ideas?

EDIT: Well thats embarrassing, wasn't pushing it in deep enough (Thats what she said...)
Current:

Galaxy Note 3 N9005 - Running MultiX with 360DPI!
Apple iPad 4th Gen - Jailbroke of course!
Samsung Galaxy Gear - Running null ROM!

Logo