Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

[Q] Can't modify anything on S3 mini

24th April 2014, 03:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hi all, I have been searching for info on this but I couldn't find anyone with the same issue than me.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 mini, GT-8190.

The first symptom was that my phone reboots itself constantly. My phone is rooted. I have TWRP installed.

I tried to flash a stock rom with Odin, it seemed to go well, but when the phone rebooted it was the same as before. I tried wiping the data with TWRP but when it reboots, everything is there again. I tried uninstalling the apps manually, but when I reboot the phone, they appear again. It's like I can't change anything in the internal memory. I can't do a factory reset, it reboots exactly the same as before.

It is like the internal memory is completely frozen. If I uninstall a program, it reappears on reboot, If I install an app, it disappears, If I turn off the wifi, it appears ON when reboot...
I'm going crazy with this, please ask me if you need any more information.

Regards,
Martin.
Last edited by martinoj04; 24th April 2014 at 04:05 AM.
24th April 2014, 09:45 AM   |  #2  
Flag Dahod, Gujarat
Thanks Meter: 134

757 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinoj04

Hi all, I have been searching for info on this but I couldn't find anyone with the same issue than me.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 mini, GT-8190.

The first symptom was that my phone reboots itself constantly. My phone is rooted. I have TWRP installed.

I tried to flash a stock rom with Odin, it seemed to go well, but when the phone rebooted it was the same as before. I tried wiping the data with TWRP but when it reboots, everything is there again. I tried uninstalling the apps manually, but when I reboot the phone, they appear again. It's like I can't change anything in the internal memory. I can't do a factory reset, it reboots exactly the same as before.

It is like the internal memory is completely frozen. If I uninstall a program, it reappears on reboot, If I install an app, it disappears, If I turn off the wifi, it appears ON when reboot...
I'm going crazy with this, please ask me if you need any more information.

Regards,
Martin.

if your phone is rooted then try to delete the apps in the system/apps using root explorer
24th April 2014, 03:26 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaibhav Chauhan

if your phone is rooted then try to delete the apps in the system/apps using root explorer

I tried, anything I delete, it comes back after reboot, even if I copy a file while being connected to a PC, it disappears after reboot.
24th April 2014, 05:53 PM   |  #4  
Flag Dahod, Gujarat

757 posts
More
Quote:

I tried, anything I delete, it comes back after reboot, even if I copy a file while being connected to a PC, it disappears after reboot.

have you any backup which restores at boot?
24th April 2014, 05:57 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaibhav Chauhan

have you any backup which restores at boot?

No, I even tried to flash different roms on the phone, TWRP says it can't open the zip file, ODIN says that everything is OK, but when the phone boots, the old rom with all the files is there.
24th April 2014, 10:11 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Any help? anyone has a clue how can I deep wipe this phone?
25th April 2014, 03:23 AM   |  #7  
Flag Dahod, Gujarat

757 posts
More
Quote:

No, I even tried to flash different roms on the phone, TWRP says it can't open the zip file, ODIN says that everything is OK, but when the phone boots, the old rom with all the files is there.

i think you should go to samsung care service center
8th August 2014, 02:54 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
Hi martinoj04,

Did you found a solution for this?
I am currently having the same issue with an Ace2 (GTI8160).

Any helps or pointer would be appreciated.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread