Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,105 Members 52,417 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [DLX] [4.4.4] TeamEOS - The Revival || Nightlies

Tip us?

mywebslave
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiethemorris View Post
No I haven't yet. My charging port doesn't work too well for anything except charging so I can't back up my files unless, as crpalmer recommended, I use adb over WiFi. I may be able to test it on a USB-otg drive if I can hold the drive in long enough for it to format. What did you use for the kernel and recovery? From what I can tell, the kernel patch is OK because it will mount the f2fs filesystem in recovery. Once I boots though it doesn't work I've been told. I'm at a loss... I don't remember if anyone has tested it with the latest kernel yet.

Crpalmer said he was able to format a usb-otg drive as f2fs and mount it successfully on his kernel.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk
I know it's a long shot but my port was messed up and couldn't get data to work. I noticed that the cable wasn't going all the way in. So I shaved down a tooth pick and cleaned out loads of pocket lint. Low and behold it started to work again. Just thought I'd share.
Phone: Droid DNA (rooted & s-off) | ROM: PAC-Man (latest)

jamiethemorris
Old
Thanks Meter 770

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mywebslave View Post
I know it's a long shot but my port was messed up and couldn't get data to work. I noticed that the cable wasn't going all the way in. So I shaved down a tooth pick and cleaned out loads of pocket lint. Low and behold it started to work again. Just thought I'd share.
Thanks man, I will definitely give this a shot. It's worth a try.
@danjull do you think you could see if just the sdcard formatted as f2fs works? Then you don't have to mess with the fstab either as far as I know.

If you feel that I have been helpful to you, instead of clicking my "thanks" button, check out my music:

https://soundcloud.com/manic-harmoni...arth-simulator
https://soundcloud.com/manic-harmonic/superuser

Manic Harmonic
Fan Page

danjull
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 587

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiethemorris View Post
Thanks man, I will definitely give this a shot. It's worth a try.
@danjull do you think you could see if just the sdcard formatted as f2fs works? Then you don't have to mess with the fstab either as far as I know.

Format works fine. I had a hard time downloading the latest twrp, so I just compiled my own, making sure f2fs support was in there. I might try with data and cache next and see how that goes.
Sent from my Droid DNA