[Q] Tianhe H920+ wake up issue, camera issue

Search This thread

delltech1

Nov 16, 2009
Guys maybe you can help me, my phone is behaving very strange. It is a Tianhe H920+ with 4gb ROM, identical with Mlais MX58 Pro, Auxus Nuclea N1 and others.

Roms for Auxus Nuclea N1 are working perfectly, but, first of all i have problems with the rear camera, i am not getting any error messages, but just only the front camera is working and the switch camera option is missing, after i install some third party camera app it freezes.

Phone was suited with Tianhe ROM, build march 2014, for sure i made backup. What i have found out, when i flash the original BOOT.IMG, camera works fine, but the old kernel will be installed. I have unpacked it, checked also init, init.project files, they are totally the same, no change there, just the Zimage differs / Kernel.

All works fine but i have the old known wake up bug, i must remove the battery and start the phone again. I was searching everywhere, but i couldnt find any fix for it. I know flash firmware, but like i already mentioned rear camera is not working with other kernels, all other functions are ok. Is there any possible solution? Framework fix or something please?

Till now i have tried almost 10-15 roms, from MX58 Pro, Star, Tianhe, but non of them is suited with a kernel with working rear camera :crying:. Thank you very much.

Reactions: ryan2nice

Eleichstetten

Jul 28, 2012
Eichstetten
Tianhe H920+ Wake up issue

All works fine but i have the old known wake up bug, i must remove the battery and start the phone again. I was searching everywhere, but i couldnt find any fix for it. I know flash firmware

Hello DellTech1.

I am facing the same issue with the pnone not waking up after it has gone to deep sleep.

I found out, that it only happens, when WLAN (WIFI) is switched on.
(For tests I had no SIM installed and the phone was reset to factory setup)

When WIFI is switched off it starts up as it should.

Could this issue be related to baseband?

Do you have more informations now?

Additional infos:
It showed, that the wakeup issue occured, when the phone was logged into a Network with WPA2 security.
Because I did not believe this, I did trials on 3 different networks with 3 different routers.
In each case, the phone did not wake up, if WLAN was active and the security settings in the router have been WAP2.
If I changed the settings in the routers to WPA, wake up was fine.

Anyway: an active WLAN connection (either WPA2 or WPA) does not allow the phone to go into Deep Sleep.
(according to CPU SPY at WPA, and my fingers touching the warm back of the phone with WPA2)

Last edited:

delltech1

Nov 16, 2009
Tianhe

Hello DellTech1.

I am facing the same issue with the pnone not waking up after it has gone to deep sleep.

I found out, that it only happens, when WLAN (WIFI) is switched on.
(For tests I had no SIM installed and the phone was reset to factory setup)

When WIFI is switched off it starts up as it should.

Could this issue be related to baseband?

Do you have more informations now?

Additional infos:
It showed, that the wakeup issue occured, when the phone was logged into a Network with WPA2 security.
Because I did not believe this, I did trials on 3 different networks with 3 different routers.
In each case, the phone did not wake up, if WLAN was active and the security settings in the router have been WAP2.
If I changed the settings in the routers to WPA, wake up was fine.

Anyway: an active WLAN connection (either WPA2 or WPA) does not allow the phone to go into Deep Sleep.
(according to CPU SPY at WPA, and my fingers touching the warm back of the phone with WPA2)

Hi,

i have flashed the "new rom" from pandawillforum. But be carefull, after flashing i wasnt able to start the phone, it softbricked the phone, but i was able to unbrick it. Before you will flash it, take the PRELOADER file from a good known working rom and replace it. Then try to flash it, it will work now.

I have used the phone without the simcard, Wifi was enabled, Gmail synchronization also, i have used the phone for about 5 days, wakeup issue didnt reappeared. Camera is working also. Just search in the forum for H920 and you will find many topics, but i can also post the link here:

4GB version:

http://androidxda.com/flash-stock-rom-using-smart-phone-flash-tool

8GB version:

http://www.pandawillforum.com/soft/12J36_S131WT_H920+_8P64_20140329_JB2V1.2.V02.MP.EN.rar

Like i said, use a good working preloader, you can take it also from an older ROM, doesnt matter.

Last edited:

Eleichstetten

Jul 28, 2012
Eichstetten
Now I tried the ROM that was offered in the Pandawill Forum for 8GB Version.
This ROM does include a working preloader (maybe has been changed?)

Anyway, when I flash this ROM, it works, but problems persist.
No change.

Hanyxx

Aug 13, 2014
CWM 8gb ver. ROM

HI guys, Please could some one upload the 8GB rom flashable with CWM recovery I can not do it with flashtools my usb conenctor is damaged...

PLEASE HELP and save my ass I am starting to be despaired with this phone :(

THANK YOU for any support and have a nice day :)

Hanyxx

Aug 13, 2014
Modified version of Note 3 yasuu ROM.

Just for the case that someone do not know how to replace boot.img (kernel 2014) and replace camera drivers I am uploading modified version of Note 3 yasuu ROM.

No flickering screen,No back camera bug or green camera,No unlock freez yet.
Only bad thing is battery usage, maybe because my USB connector is damaged.I do not know try it out and share your results about the baterry please.

LINK (CWM zip file) :
mediafire.com/download/v3n65fltmwka52z/ROM_NOTE3_Kernel_2014_H920+.+Cam.Drivers.HanyxX.zip

Last edited:

Eleichstetten

Jul 28, 2012
Eichstetten
Gave it a try.
Installation did work, but I missed keyboard.
Did install keyboard from APK.
Then tried to root. Framaroot said "ok", but Superuser did not work.
Tried to install Superuser by CWM method, but that ended in a startup-loop.
Had to Flash back Stock-ROM to recover.
Maybe try tomorrow again.

Eleichstetten

Jul 28, 2012
Eichstetten
OK, Gave it a second try. This time without trying to root.
Well, the wake up issue does not exist anymore.
Unfortunately, it´s just because the phone does not start to Deep Sleep anymore.
It reduces processor rate, but does not start Deep Sleep.
That´s the cause for higher battery consumption.

By the way:
- The package of my phone is not labeled "Tianhe", but "CGC".
- Both cameras did work with this Rom.
- My phone has 8GB of memory and stock ROM is 03/2014

Last edited:

validoican

Feb 17, 2007
Bucharest
Hello

Gave it a try.
Installation did work, but I missed keyboard.
Did install keyboard from APK.
Then tried to root. Framaroot said "ok", but Superuser did not work.
Tried to install Superuser by CWM method, but that ended in a startup-loop.
Had to Flash back Stock-ROM to recover.
Maybe try tomorrow again.

I have tried your rom but camera still not working for me...i have 8GB version.

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

Hello,

I have tried the last modified version of this rom but the camera is not working for me..not frontal one,not the back one..i have tried all roms from needrom(tianhe,mlais or star...)..no one is proper to have working camera...any advice

Eleichstetten

Jul 28, 2012
Eichstetten
Last edited:

iliev2

Sep 1, 2014
about Tianhe H920+ turbo /pandawill/, rear camera problems

I have tried your rom but camera still not working for me...i have 8GB version.

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

Hello,

I have tried the last modified version of this rom but the camera is not working for me..not frontal one,not the back one..i have tried all roms from needrom(tianhe,mlais or star...)..no one is proper to have working camera...any advice

Hello,
After trying all firmwares from panda and needrom i find that there is a hardware problem. BAD CONNECTION between board and camera conector! :rolleyes:
Try to open the phone and press firmly camera connector to the board. Then put above something thick 1 mm (non metal) to hold the connector in same position.
It's worked fine for me. Good luck to you!:good:

drskam

Sep 13, 2005
Athens, GR
Hi,

i have flashed the "new rom" from pandawillforum. But be carefull, after flashing i wasnt able to start the phone, it softbricked the phone, but i was able to unbrick it. Before you will flash it, take the PRELOADER file from a good known working rom and replace it. Then try to flash it, it will work now.

I have used the phone without the simcard, Wifi was enabled, Gmail synchronization also, i have used the phone for about 5 days, wakeup issue didnt reappeared. Camera is working also. Just search in the forum for H920 and you will find many topics, but i can also post the link here:

4GB version:

http://androidxda.com/flash-stock-rom-using-smart-phone-flash-tool

8GB version:

http://www.pandawillforum.com/soft/12J36_S131WT_H920+_8P64_20140329_JB2V1.2.V02.MP.EN.rar

Like i said, use a good working preloader, you can take it also from an older ROM, doesnt matter.

How do you unbrick your phone... ??? Please advise !!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys maybe you can help me, my phone is behaving very strange. It is a Tianhe H920+ with 4gb ROM, identical with Mlais MX58 Pro, Auxus Nuclea N1 and others.

Roms for Auxus Nuclea N1 are working perfectly, but, first of all i have problems with the rear camera, i am not getting any error messages, but just only the front camera is working and the switch camera option is missing, after i install some third party camera app it freezes.

Phone was suited with Tianhe ROM, build march 2014, for sure i made backup. What i have found out, when i flash the original BOOT.IMG, camera works fine, but the old kernel will be installed. I have unpacked it, checked also init, init.project files, they are totally the same, no change there, just the Zimage differs / Kernel.

All works fine but i have the old known wake up bug, i must remove the battery and start the phone again. I was searching everywhere, but i couldnt find any fix for it. I know flash firmware, but like i already mentioned rear camera is not working with other kernels, all other functions are ok. Is there any possible solution? Framework fix or something please?

Till now i have tried almost 10-15 roms, from MX58 Pro, Star, Tianhe, but non of them is suited with a kernel with working rear camera :crying:. Thank you very much.