[ROM] Official Stock Samsung KitKat 4.4.2 rooted & deknoxed

6th July 2014, 06:21 PM   |  #201  
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
disadvantages of knox
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdoctor

It's bootloader related. Only fix is to update your bootloader and deal with knox I'm afraid

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

What's the disadvantages of knox? ? Can I still flash stuffs even with knox? How did you go about yours.

Thanks. . I hit thanks ;D
6th July 2014, 06:43 PM   |  #202  
Flag warrington
Thanks Meter: 2,564

3,074 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibblaw77

What's the disadvantages of knox? ? Can I still flash stuffs even with knox? How did you go about yours.

Thanks. . I hit thanks ;D

The only issue with knox is warranty nothing else. If you have a knox enabled bootloader (any from 4.3 on) then as soon as you flash anything you will trip your knox counter. Nothing will happen the world won't end or your phone blow up but samsung might refuse a warranty claim depending on where you are in the world. If you don't care about warranty or your phone is insured then really don't worry about it

6th July 2014, 06:46 PM   |  #203  
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdoctor

The only issue with knox is warranty nothing else. If you have a knox enabled bootloader (any from 4.3 on) then as soon as you flash anything you will trip your knox counter. Nothing will happen the world won't end or your phone blow up but samsung might refuse a warranty claim depending on where you are in the world. If you don't care about warranty or your phone is insured then really don't worry about it

thanks I don't really care about the warranty. . So how do I get the 4.4 bootloader to avoid this issue?
7th July 2014, 12:46 AM   |  #204  
Flag warrington
Thanks Meter: 2,564

3,074 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibblaw77

thanks I don't really care about the warranty. . So how do I get the 4.4 bootloader to avoid this issue?

Easiest way is to just flash stock 4.4 rom with odin. I flashed the stock nordic release in this forum to update my bootloader. After you flash the rom and custom recovery with odin you can flash any rom you want. There's not many custom kk roms for the n7105 but most of the at&t roms work fine

Last edited by sawdoctor; 7th July 2014 at 12:51 AM.
8th August 2014, 10:46 AM   |  #205  
Flag PJ
Thanks Meter: 61

576 posts
More
@zabumba, any plans to cook another rom base on the latest release (newer release)?
8th August 2014, 01:08 PM   |  #206  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 74

187 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentshjuan

@zabumba, any plans to cook another rom base on the latest release (newer release)?

Maybe when I get back from holidays.

Thanks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zabumba For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th August 2014, 01:15 PM   |  #207  
Flag PJ
Thanks Meter: 61

576 posts
More
Cool.... great.... will be checking! And thanks for the current one....stable and reliable...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread