Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,355 Members 39,048 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bootloader unlock for SGH-I337Z AIO WIRELESS

Tip us?

4tele
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Bootloader unlock for SGH-I337Z AIO WIRELESS

Hello all. I am new to this site but I enjoy it a lot and I learned a lot as well from the threads. I got AIO wireless service that has the I337 model galaxy s4. I successfully rooted my phone with Kingo root. After rooting my phone I tried to install a customer recovery on it with no success no matter what I did ( I tried every imaginable scenario). In the process of rooting my phone my kernel got damaged and my Wi-Fi stopped working. I am trying to re flash the phone with custom multi carrier rom but I think that my boot loader is locked and that is the reason I canít install the recovery. If anyone can guide me in the right direction where I can unlock the boot loader would be amazing. Thank you all in advance

seedeh
Old
Thanks Meter 16
1. This section isn't for AIO wireless but I don't know if there is a section for it.

2. There is currently no way to unlock the boot loader.

3. If you want to restore it back to stock read about it in my signature.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
If all else fails for you AT&T GS4 (i337) users check this out from ted77usa:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2621279
posts 1 and 2
odin back to stock

DeadlySin9
Old
(Last edited by DeadlySin9; 3rd February 2014 at 06:30 AM.)
Thanks Meter 620

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4tele View Post
Hello all. I am new to this site but I enjoy it a lot and I learned a lot as well from the threads. I got AIO wireless service that has the I337 model galaxy s4. I successfully rooted my phone with Kingo root. After rooting my phone I tried to install a customer recovery on it with no success no matter what I did ( I tried every imaginable scenario). In the process of rooting my phone my kernel got damaged and my Wi-Fi stopped working. I am trying to re flash the phone with custom multi carrier rom but I think that my boot loader is locked and that is the reason I can’t install the recovery. If anyone can guide me in the right direction where I can unlock the boot loader would be amazing. Thank you all in advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by seedeh View Post
1. This section isn't for AIO wireless but I don't know if there is a section for it.

2. There is currently no way to unlock the boot loader.

3. If you want to restore it back to stock read about it in my signature.

This section is for all I337 variants. He has a different model than the AT&T I337, so that restore tar in your signature won't work and the bootloader may be unlocked for him depending on his carrier's choice.

EDIT: Here is the I337Z stock firmware. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2448794
It says they did not get a recovery working, you may be stuck to Safestrap 3.65
Current Device: ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 (i337)

Past Devices:
Droid Bionic (GSM Hacked)
HTC Inspire 4G (Desire HD)
Nexus One
Motorola Backflip
HTC Dev Phone 1 (Dream/G1)
The Following User Says Thank You to DeadlySin9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

seedeh
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySin9 View Post
This section is for all I337 variants. He has a different model than the AT&T I337, so that restore tar in your signature won't work and the bootloader may be unlocked for him depending on his carrier's choice.

EDIT: Here is the I337Z stock firmware. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2448794
It says they did not get a recovery working, you may be stuck to Safestrap 3.65
Ah. He said I337Z in the title but not the post so I was confused.

If all else fails for you AT&T GS4 (i337) users check this out from ted77usa:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2621279
posts 1 and 2
odin back to stock
The Following User Says Thank You to seedeh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

4tele
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thank you

I guess I need to do some more reading about safe strap...If you could point me in the right direction..it would be good...

4tele
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default My phone is i337z

I Typed my mistake i337 in the body of the message.

4tele
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Got my Phone to work with safestrap

Thank you again! I got my phone to work with safe strap 3.65! I loaded the Intika Locky S4 Rom v1.0 everything seems to work

devzero
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4tele View Post
Thank you again! I got my phone to work with safe strap 3.65! I loaded the Intika Locky S4 Rom v1.0 everything seems to work
4tele, I assume you used the AT&T Safestrap? I was not able to get AT&T Safestrap 3.65, 3.71, or 3.72 to work on my I337Z from Cricket (AIO) with KitKat 4.4.2, build number KOT49H.I337ZTUUBNE2. The app says it installed successfully, but it never seems to activate. Are you on KitKat? If so, what build number?

Anyone know if it's possible to flash the AT&T I337 MF3 firmware on the I337Z then try to unlock the bootloader using the process described below? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2387577

lnxpro91
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I used the AT&T safestap 3.65 but my phone was on MH1 firmware 4.2.2 and it worked, if you are on kitkat probably need to use the latest safestap I guess

lnxpro91
Old
Thanks Meter 2
guys check this out , maybe one developer decides to take advantage of this and help us out http://www.droid-life.com/2014/08/07...lock-qualcomm/