[Q] Sony Xperia Pro performance - which rom?

26th March 2014, 02:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hej guys,

at the moment I'm running my Xperia Pro with:

CyanogenMod version: 10-20130103-UNOFFICIAL-iyokan
Android version: 4.1.2
Kernel: 2.6.32.9-FXP
Build number: cm_iyokan-userdebug 4.1.2

I'm running it for around a year now and I'm really not satisfied with the performance and stability. Everything is really not snappy, apps take really long to load and I've to wait to use it! Using Maps or Chrome is a hell and not reliable when I need them. (Most of my apps are on SD and I don't think I'm experiencing memory problems.)

When I set up the phone last year I tried in the beginning the "newest" available Android version at that time and sticked to it. I guess this was my fault. Now I want to fix this and get finally the best performance and reliability and wanted to ask you for help. I think a downgrade is the best solution. Perhaps also to a custom and minimal rom. Do you have any suggestions what I should use? I would like to go for cyanogen again but I'm open for input. What are you using?

Thanks in advance, I'm looking forward to your suggestions.
Last edited by hever; 26th March 2014 at 02:55 PM.
31st March 2014, 06:42 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

6 posts
I use the newest ultimate hd (ics) and it runs fast enough with phone overclocked to 1,4ghz. I'd suggest u try it if you haven't already.

Sent from my MK16i using xda app-developers app
4th April 2014, 05:07 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

1 posts
CarbonRom
I've been looking into KitKat roms, and I just flashed the CarbonRom.
So far, I'm really happy with the stability and the performance.
Though keep in mind I've OCed to 1.4gHz.
Along with all the features involved, I think it's one of the best roms I've tired in the past few years!
The Following User Says Thank You to thejaymelody For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th April 2014, 07:24 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 8

52 posts
More
From my experience, these ROMs are the fastest, great performance and with great battery life out of all I've tested so far:

ICS: Xperia Ultimate HD (awesome battery life)
JB: (4.1.2) Super JellyBean and (4.3.1) LegacyXperia 10.2
KK: CarbonROM

You should, of course, flash many and see for yourself which one matches your expectations. And I haven't tested all (yet, haha. ), but from the ones I have, those are the best for <me>. And maybe don't expect too much, there's only a number of things software can do (or improve) when the hardware is very limited.

Currently I'm between CarbonROM and LX 10.2 and I think they're both pretty great and stable.
8th August 2014, 08:24 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

8 posts
Thumbs up
for me one of the best was superjellybean.. very fast,very smooth, and kitkat themed
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2134257
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread