Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,073 Members 44,890 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.4.2][V500][Flashable] Stock LG build KOT49I.V50020b US + BusyBox + ROOT

Tip us?

meanoc
Old
Thanks Meter 23
If anyone is still having the disconnect problem with sd cards try uninstalling any type of copy to sd utilities. I tried installing link2sd and right away I had major problems. Tried a few of the other popular apps and the result was always my sd card disappearing. I finally found foldermount which works 100% and zero sd card issues

Trjlangdon
Old
Thanks Meter 2
So I have CM installed but would like to give stock another shot. Do I install TWRP for the 4.4.2 bootloader or the 4.2.2? I never installed 4.4.2 OTA but of course CM is 4.4.2

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Hitokiri-Snake
Old
Thanks Meter 0
So, I stupidly accepted the latest OTA last night because I forgot that I didn't have stock recovery installed, and now my tablet is in a bootloop. I've managed to boot it to TWRP but I still can't boot to the system. Any suggestions? shall I just reflash this ROM from recovery?

Hitokiri-Snake
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitokiri-Snake View Post
So, I stupidly accepted the latest OTA last night because I forgot that I didn't have stock recovery installed, and now my tablet is in a bootloop. I've managed to boot it to TWRP but I still can't boot to the system. Any suggestions? shall I just reflash this ROM from recovery?
So I reflashed the ROM, but it's still stuck in a bootloop, kind of. It just keeps booting straight to recovery no matter what I do.

annoyingduck
Old
Thanks Meter 1,130
Quote:
So I reflashed the ROM, but it's still stuck in a bootloop, kind of. It just keeps booting straight to recovery no matter what I do.
You must perform an update recovery via the desktop flash tool. Only fix, and it will wipe everything in the process.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
I try my best to help where I can. If I helped you, please click "Thanks" button.

Hitokiri-Snake
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by annoyingduck View Post
You must perform an update recovery via the desktop flash tool. Only fix, and it will wipe everything in the process.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
I actually found another fix in a different thread. I ran this command from within TWRP, "dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota" and it made it stop booting to recovery by default. I'm glad that worked because I was not looking forward to losing all of my data.

grouchystitch
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Default Twrp for 20d?

Anyway to get this working on firmware 20d?

redcrash
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchystitch View Post
Anyway to get this working on firmware 20d?
The following entry refers to a installable version of this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=110

Bigolac
Old
(Last edited by Bigolac; 8th August 2014 at 05:04 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
I actually found another fix in a different thread. I ran this command from within TWRP, "dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota" and it made it stop booting to recovery by default. I'm glad that worked because I was not looking forward to losing all of my data.
I'm in the same situation - how did you get to a command prompt in twrp? I can't seem to get there...

TIA

Edit: Total brain collapse - figured it out, and it got me out of a bootloop - thanks much!

id10terror
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 522
Hey all, sorry I've not really been active on here for a while. I wish I had the time to help out but barely even have time for lunch lately. Been working 60+ hour weeks plus studying for multiple certifications on my off hours and weekends.

Still loving my GPAD and use it everyday! Cheers!
LG G2 VS980 (VZW) (11/21/13)
Rom: Stock LG 4.2.2 VS98012B Rooted Kernel: Stock

LG G PAD 8.3 V500 White (3/5/13)
Rom: Stock LG 4.4.2 V50020B US + BB + Root Kernel: Stock 4.4.2

Active Projects:
id10t kernel v1.0 for 4.2.2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
id10terror.net Twitter: @id10terrornet

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to id10terror For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
gpad, kitkat, root, v500, v50020a