[Q] Red colour HTC One paint wearing off

OP raghav kapur

24th June 2014, 01:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 105

459 posts
More
Hi guys. I have a red HTC One. Now, ive dropped it a few times. Ive noticed that the red paint has started wearing off and the silver patches can now be seen. The most damage has happened on the bottom edge of the phone. Sadly, the damage is visible eben with the flip cover on. I know its not a really big issue, but the phone is really beautifully designed and its a pity that the drops have messed the phone. Is there a kind of paint or something that can mask the damage? I understand the body cannot be repaired as its unibody.

I would appreciate any kind of help. Thanks
24th June 2014, 10:03 PM   |  #2  
Flag Montreal, Quebec
Thanks Meter: 1,378

3,585 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav kapur

Hi guys. I have a red HTC One. Now, ive dropped it a few times. Ive noticed that the red paint has started wearing off and the silver patches can now be seen. The most damage has happened on the bottom edge of the phone. Sadly, the damage is visible eben with the flip cover on. I know its not a really big issue, but the phone is really beautifully designed and its a pity that the drops have messed the phone. Is there a kind of paint or something that can mask the damage? I understand the body cannot be repaired as its unibody.

I would appreciate any kind of help. Thanks

bring your phone to any car paint supplier so they can scan your phone color and make you a 2 oz bottle of paint (used for touch up on car)
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th August 2014, 10:16 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 480

1,434 posts
Donate to Me
More
I don't know if you went that route, but you could always use modeling paint. Did that on my blue one and looks superb. Like there was no paint missing.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread