Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,823 Members 42,165 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Guide] fix skype text msg issue

Tip us?

kipue
Old
Thanks Meter 180
One of the (bad) solution is to use the version 4.0.0.22082, the last version that lets you choose between phone and tablet UI yourself. (you can find it if you search for the APK)
Now Skype is at version 4.7 I believe, so yeah, that's bad ^^
You can also try IM+ pro, which lets you connect to skype, is better with the battery but really is not reliable when it comes to the quality of the connexion (also isn't free).
Yeah, I researched that a lot, haha!

iTemore
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansip87 View Post
I think you haven't used Skype. It really works fine in landscape for me. Everything appear normal. Only in portrait the issue appears.
So it's the reason why I told you that it's really a mess to use it in landscape mode.

And it isn't a bug, but a decision of Skype to provide the app like that.

I had the same issue with the Ascend Mate, now with the Xperia Z Ultra.

So I'm sorry but it seems that you're not a real phablet user and also a real Skype user or you must have amazing hands ! Please share your picture from the guiness book !

Otherwise, if you follow also the community forum of Skype, you can see that we are a lot to complaint concerning that, and we will continue !

kipue
Old
Thanks Meter 180
One thing I found, since I'm using Skype a lot for work, and I can't escape it, is to use Swiftkey keyboard (and probably others).
Not only it's a great keyboard normaly, it also have a "split" layout where the keys are reachable by thumbs on both sides of the screen.
It is the only way that Skype was actually usable before I found this thread

big
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Today all vesion old can't connect to Skype, update to v.5xxx not show reply text... set dpi in appsettings it's very big!

Z ULTRA: GPE
www.xedapxanh.vn