Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Galaxy S5 battery drain temporary workarounds

OP craigcrawford1988

8th August 2014, 02:03 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
More
I've had the same problem battery drain only 15 hours I have turned few wifi settings off

• Smart network - off
  • Keep wifi on during sleep - changed to only when plugged in (would have thought this would be default)
  • Always allow scanning - off
  • network notifications - off

Hope this helps someone last 2 hours only lost 1-2%
9th August 2014, 12:31 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 378

2,146 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTH01

That can be right, most USB 3.0 ports on laptops and computers do not provide more than 500mA.

For fast charging always use the wall charger. When using the original charger that came with your phone and the original cable (USB 3.0 compatible) your device can pull the full 1800 mA from the charger, since it can sense that the charger is able to handle this safely. When you use a USB 2.0 compatible cable it will only pull 1200 mA from the charger, even if it's an original Samsung wall charger.

Ok. I am using now this kernel ktoonsez KT-SGS5 and with a normal USB2.0 cable I get 1000mA from my USB3.0 port and get 1800mA from my wall charger.
9th August 2014, 04:17 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 8

24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkStorck

Ok. I am using now this kernel ktoonsez KT-SGS5 and with a normal USB2.0 cable I get 1000mA from my USB3.0 port and get 1800mA from my wall charger.

Cool, that means in this kernel some of the original power management restrictions have been removed. It would be interesting to see if the limit on charging via the contact points on the back of the phone (used for Qi wireless charging and by car mounts like Mountr that use inductive charging) now als can accept more than 750 mA...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread