FORUMS

I/O Summary: How Android M Handles Power And Charging

In the spirit of improving the core Android experience, Google is changing Android … more

I/O Summary: Google Photos App

At I/O 2015, Google tackled the information problem in mobile once more, this time through … more

I/O Summary: Development, Play Store, The Next Billion

VP of Engineering Jen Fitzpatrick began talking about what Google is doing to … more

I/O Summary: Google Now on Tap

Google is all about organizing the world’s information to make it universally useful, and these … more

Galaxy S5 battery drain temporary workarounds

Thanks Meter: 72

By craigcrawford1988, Member on 9th May 2014, 10:36 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
8th August 2014, 01:03 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I've had the same problem battery drain only 15 hours I have turned few wifi settings off

• Smart network - off
  • Keep wifi on during sleep - changed to only when plugged in (would have thought this would be default)
  • Always allow scanning - off
  • network notifications - off

Hope this helps someone last 2 hours only lost 1-2%

8th August 2014, 11:31 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 457

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTH01

That can be right, most USB 3.0 ports on laptops and computers do not provide more than 500mA.

For fast charging always use the wall charger. When using the original charger that came with your phone and the original cable (USB 3.0 compatible) your device can pull the full 1800 mA from the charger, since it can sense that the charger is able to handle this safely. When you use a USB 2.0 compatible cable it will only pull 1200 mA from the charger, even if it's an original Samsung wall charger.

Ok. I am using now this kernel ktoonsez KT-SGS5 and with a normal USB2.0 cable I get 1000mA from my USB3.0 port and get 1800mA from my wall charger.
9th August 2014, 03:17 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkStorck

Ok. I am using now this kernel ktoonsez KT-SGS5 and with a normal USB2.0 cable I get 1000mA from my USB3.0 port and get 1800mA from my wall charger.

Cool, that means in this kernel some of the original power management restrictions have been removed. It would be interesting to see if the limit on charging via the contact points on the back of the phone (used for Qi wireless charging and by car mounts like Mountr that use inductive charging) now als can accept more than 750 mA...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread