Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Galaxy S5 battery drain temporary workarounds

OP craigcrawford1988

8th August 2014, 02:03 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
More
I've had the same problem battery drain only 15 hours I have turned few wifi settings off

• Smart network - off
  • Keep wifi on during sleep - changed to only when plugged in (would have thought this would be default)
  • Always allow scanning - off
  • network notifications - off

Hope this helps someone last 2 hours only lost 1-2%
9th August 2014, 12:31 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 384

2,170 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTH01

That can be right, most USB 3.0 ports on laptops and computers do not provide more than 500mA.

For fast charging always use the wall charger. When using the original charger that came with your phone and the original cable (USB 3.0 compatible) your device can pull the full 1800 mA from the charger, since it can sense that the charger is able to handle this safely. When you use a USB 2.0 compatible cable it will only pull 1200 mA from the charger, even if it's an original Samsung wall charger.

Ok. I am using now this kernel ktoonsez KT-SGS5 and with a normal USB2.0 cable I get 1000mA from my USB3.0 port and get 1800mA from my wall charger.
9th August 2014, 04:17 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 8

24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkStorck

Ok. I am using now this kernel ktoonsez KT-SGS5 and with a normal USB2.0 cable I get 1000mA from my USB3.0 port and get 1800mA from my wall charger.

Cool, that means in this kernel some of the original power management restrictions have been removed. It would be interesting to see if the limit on charging via the contact points on the back of the phone (used for Qi wireless charging and by car mounts like Mountr that use inductive charging) now als can accept more than 750 mA...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread