Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,940 Members 46,102 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD][HOW-TO] Add Flashlight quick toggle [4.3|4.4]

Tip us?

tdunham
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 17150

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunthermic View Post
Yes I replaced and used yours... images didn't work. Flashlight turns on/off... so I rewrote the constructor.. now the images appear correct. But now onclick fails to work...

See my delima? Your straight s5 changes don't work...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNexus View Post
Logcat please and I'll see if I can whip up a fixed onClick method for you
Actually, I did those changes for the Galaxy SIII, but no matter.
I think you should go back to what worked and figure out what your image problem is from there. Modifying the onclick method wasn't/isn't necessary if it was working to begin with, the only issue being the images not displaying properly. You are compiling/decompiling for values/then compiling one last time with final public values and not trying to use old public values for the images correct?

Same has to be done for SecSettings images too I think. Its been a while since I've done this. I know I got stuck for a while with it not showing at all also.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tdunham For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Gunthermic
Old
(Last edited by Gunthermic; 28th July 2014 at 10:10 AM.)
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 8052

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdunham View Post
Actually, I did those changes for the Galaxy SIII, but no matter.
I think you should go back to what worked and figure out what your image problem is from there. Modifying the onclick method wasn't/isn't necessary if it was working to begin with, the only issue being the images not displaying properly. You are compiling/decompiling for values/then compiling one last time with final public values and not trying to use old public values for the images correct?

Same has to be done for SecSettings images too I think. Its been a while since I've done this. I know I got stuck for a while with it not showing at all also.
I 100% agree with you normally sir. However the Tablet does not toggle the same way as other Kit-Kat devices is the point I was getting at.

Yes all public ID's are correct.

I have tried all the examples in this thread, several times and several ways. Each time ensure public id match...

At this point I would do anything. Yes if i revert back to the S5 FlashLightQuickSettingsButton, the flashlight would click on/off.. But as post 333 showed the Images were all screwy.. The tablet uses a total of 5 images for toggles. On, Off, Dim, Rounded On, Rounded Off..

Edit: Went back and reread what you said. I never did edit the onClick. I did exactly what you said. I edited the constructor to make the images show correctly... that it self broke the onClick method..

Wanna Chat? Looking for theming advice, answers..
Join me at -> guntherm66@gmail.com Use Gtalk to Join!
Team BlackOut Email: teamblackoutapps@gmail.com
Average Joes Team Memebers: Me, jonathanphx1, dan_joegibbsf, strongsteve
Team BlackOut Memebers: Me, B-Boy, DJ, Trapv and more

Gunthermic
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 8052

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNexus View Post
Logcat please and I'll see if I can whip up a fixed onClick method for you
Here is the current catlog sir!!
Attached Files
File Type: txt flashlighttoggle.txt - [Click for QR Code] (10.8 KB, 21 views)

Wanna Chat? Looking for theming advice, answers..
Join me at -> guntherm66@gmail.com Use Gtalk to Join!
Team BlackOut Email: teamblackoutapps@gmail.com
Average Joes Team Memebers: Me, jonathanphx1, dan_joegibbsf, strongsteve
Team BlackOut Memebers: Me, B-Boy, DJ, Trapv and more

larrycjr
Old
Thanks Meter 18
After moding both files i get a message saying unfortunately setup wizard has stopped then a blank screen. This is on a stock deodexed 4.4.2 rom for the Verizon galaxy s3.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Misterxtc
Old
Thanks Meter 762
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrycjr View Post
After moding both files i get a message saying unfortunately setup wizard has stopped then a blank screen. This is on a stock deodexed 4.4.2 rom for the Verizon galaxy s3.

Same here on a Verizon S5 with the G900VVRU1ANE9 firmware. It was working on the NCG firmware, I think the flashlight smali file needs to be recoded.

thisisapoorusernamechoice
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Default YES!

Thank you so much I had gotten so used to having this handy little short cut on my phone I was dying without it. The guide was great and everything's working perfectly.
Galaxy S4 Active i537 on stock, de-odexed 4.4.2 NE3 rooted using Geohot's towelroot
Semi-retired (still working) Pantech Burst P9070 running CYANOGENMOD FREAKING 11!
Small squadron of cheap no-brand Chinese A13 Allwinner tablets to tinker with & not worry about bricking

"We are the universe experiencing itself."
The Following User Says Thank You to thisisapoorusernamechoice For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Chad The Pathfinder
Old
Thanks Meter 2091
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrycjr View Post

Have you tried this? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2770869 I'm not sure if it'll work on a Verizon phone or not but you can try it.
I'm a padawan with no master.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chad The Pathfinder For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

larrycjr
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad The Pathfinder View Post
Have you tried this? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2770869 I'm not sure if it'll work on a Verizon phone or not but you can try it.
Ill check it out. Thanks!

Tags
4.3, 4.4, flashlight, flashlight toggle, toggle