Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Flash player

OP sniper-joe

9th August 2014, 02:55 AM   |  #11  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 63

372 posts
More
What happens when you try to play a video?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app
9th August 2014, 03:13 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 408

881 posts
it is my misunderstanding
@k8108

Forgive me, I spoke in haste. I offer no excuses, I have wronged you and I offer my sincerest apologies.

I would like to try and continue to work out the flash issue if you are willing.

M

okay so after some reading, the general feel on this is amazon is intentionally breaking the service to non-amazon devices,

there might be something in this http://www.teleread.com/android/watc...itkat-devices/ This article was published on Jan 2 2014
Last edited by moonbutt74; 9th August 2014 at 03:49 AM.
9th August 2014, 05:23 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 85

432 posts
Thanks for kind offers of help. First let me say that my husband has a Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 and I have flash working on this tablet for him, so I know how it works to set it up. He watches Amazon Prime videos on this tablet. In my searching I came across the comment that because of the processor of the Tab 3 10.1, streaming video from Amazon will never work (I looked at so many sites and can't remember where it was).

I am using the flash apk provided by moonbutt74.

Here are the different browsers I used and the results - I went into every browser and made sure to set it to desktop mode and enabled flash.
Boat Browser: got a prompt to install Adobe Flash (yes, flash is installed!)
Stock Browser: got a prompt to watch the video on compatible devices, such as Kindle Fire
Firefox Browser: another prompt for compatible devices
Dolphin Browser: compatible device prompt
Puffin Browser came the closest. After selecting the video, the video would load, then the screen would go dark. No video. (This is the paid version of Puffin).
Photon Browser gave the same results as Puffin.

After trying all this, I went into recovery and cleared cache and dalvik. Tried again. Same results. So I am pretty much resigned to no Amazon Prime on this tablet.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread