HTC one mini 2 with 13MP camera.... WTF????

5th August 2014, 03:58 PM   |  #21  
Flag Cape Coral, FL
Thanks Meter: 2,919

3,591 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

Any camera will have issues if there are areas in the frame which are very bright, or spotty lighting (mix of bright and darker spots). Or does it seem worse with the phone? Often forcing the focus to a different spot by tapping the screen helps a lot.

I'm one if those crazy cat people so i take a LOT of pictures. But i don't tend to share them lol. I've gotten some amazing pictures with the m8 camera.. Really cool shots i don't think i could have gotten with my old note2. For example:

But stuff like this never used to happen with the note 2 (I've got like 20 of this same shot on different settings.):
5th August 2014, 04:04 PM   |  #22  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,042

6,878 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindmajick

But stuff like this never used to happen with the note 2 (I've got like 20 of this same shot on different settings.):

Do you have scratches on the camera glass coating? Cause it looks like you might (which creates excessive clouding or blurring from bright light).
5th August 2014, 04:12 PM   |  #23  
Flag Cape Coral, FL
Thanks Meter: 2,919

3,591 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

Do you have scratches on the camera glass coating? Cause it looks like you might (which creates excessive clouding or blurring from bright light).

Nope. Crystal clear. I'm one of the few people that are EXCEPTIONALLY careful with my device. I've never even scratched a phone unless it was on purpose lol

There's Just LOTS of lumens from the florida sun. That picture is blurry though... I wasn't concerned with focus at that point. I was just trying to get a light balanced shot.

Thanks for all the help though! I've learned to frame my pictures during the day to avoid windows.
5th August 2014, 05:16 PM   |  #24  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,042

6,878 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindmajick

Thanks for all the help though!

If you mean "thanks for the all the unhelpful advice" then your welcome! Hahaha!

I see what you mean. In photos where the subject is darker, but there is really bright spot in the background, the camera seems to have trouble resolving the 2, and excessively overexposing the bright areas.

I had to look through all my photos to see if I can find the same issue. I live in New England, where its hardly ever that sunny for long. So only about 5 of my photos out of 166 display a similar effect! I'll have to look at the pics taken with my DSLR to see how that camera handled similar lighting situations.
9th August 2014, 06:11 AM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 14

148 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddioj

lets all cut the crap. the camera is nice on the M8 and i do agree. to a certain degree. mega pixels don't make the camera. but it sucks for details when blowing up pictures or zooming we dont need 20 mp. but i think we should have something alittle higher

i too like the camera on the m8 and the duo effects. as a professional photographer i know the MP # is often just marketing. still, I'd like a duo m8 camera with 8MP, still good low light shooting, maybe not as good as at 4mp but still very good. that would be perfect. as a pro, the U Focus is such a great feature. being able to create nice bokeh where you want it is fricking invaluable.
Last edited by pixelsquish; 9th August 2014 at 06:16 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in AT&T One (M8) General by ThreadRank