Noob Help Needed (Custom ROM Building)

OP elliwigy

21st June 2014, 07:37 PM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,020

2,480 posts
soo i have archikitchen set up on my linux distro and have a stock rooted vzw s4 rom (i also have one) and i think im ready to start messin around with it!

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app
22nd June 2014, 12:23 AM   |  #12  
My best advice is to google everything you don't positively know. Also look to use git for comparing apks. Git and meld are a great combo.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Rushing For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd June 2014, 06:36 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 7

74 posts
By the way there are already aosp roms being built for this device. Check out the unified development sub forum. Those roms should be able to run on this variant. hope this gives you some insight on the people to talk to if you run into issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to Travisholt92 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd June 2014, 06:37 PM   |  #14  
Flag Lansing MI
Thanks Meter: 199

547 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisholt92

By the way there are already aosp roms being built for this device. Check out the unified development sub forum. Those roms should be able to run on this variant. hope this gives you some insight on the people to talk to if you run into issues.

Except that unless your device is a DevEd right now, you won't be able to as we have no SS or any way to add a rom...
The Following User Says Thank You to kprice8 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd June 2014, 09:11 PM   |  #15  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,020

2,480 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisholt92

also to add what kprice said.. without an unlocked bootloader SS will only be able to flash roms compatible with the kernel/bootloader we have which would mean only stock based roms.. other than that, if this ever changes id love to work on aosp roms!

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app
9th August 2014, 08:05 AM   |  #16  
Flag Dallas, Tx
Thanks Meter: 470

1,944 posts
More
You will pick up easy... I started development on the S3.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread