Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

CRT-off for Galaxy S5 (G900F)

OP CiDev

15th May 2014, 05:46 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 177

478 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by casonswag

Tmobile ??

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Worked for me on stock t-mobile rom with blaze kernel using wanam for the crt screen off option.
15th May 2014, 06:00 AM   |  #12  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 43

294 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickvic30

Worked for me on stock t-mobile rom with blaze kernel using wanam for the crt screen off option.

Maybe it's a kernel problem. Might try faux kernel, he's been pretty great since the s3

Sent from my Stock, debloated SM-G900T.
6th August 2014, 11:05 PM   |  #13  
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 782

3,815 posts
Donate to Me
More
So if i'm rooted but on a stock rom, i'm guessing this won't work as it's a) flashable only by recovery and b) for deodexed only roms??

Shame as i like the stock look of the S5 but miss CRT.

If i renamed it to update.zip and flashed it in stock recovery, do you think it may work? I'm on KOT49H XXU1ANE2 my phone is the uk unlocked variety, GT900F

thanks.

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

for those who want to use xposed, you can try gravity box so long as xposed has an install/update after gravity is enabled and then a reboot, it should work.
8th August 2014, 06:22 PM   |  #14  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 61

96 posts
crt
Quote:
Originally Posted by dladz

So if i'm rooted but on a stock rom, i'm guessing this won't work as it's a) flashable only by recovery and b) for deodexed only roms??

Shame as i like the stock look of the S5 but miss CRT.

If i renamed it to update.zip and flashed it in stock recovery, do you think it may work? I'm on KOT49H XXU1ANE2 my phone is the uk unlocked variety, GT900F

thanks.

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

for those who want to use xposed, you can try gravity box so long as xposed has an install/update after gravity is enabled and then a reboot, it should work.

no, don't think it will work. I think its maby best you try out this Xposed module screenoffanimation
its by far the best for crt-off to my opinion.
The Following User Says Thank You to CiDev For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th August 2014, 11:41 PM   |  #15  
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 782

3,815 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiDev

no, don't think it will work. I think its maby best you try out this Xposed module screenoffanimation
its by far the best for crt-off to my opinion.

I've had xposed on my Z1, but theres no chance i'm doing it on this, it messed up my S-Health, can't flash a custom kernel and can't lose knox. This is as far as i go m8.

FYI: Gravity box has CRT animation built in.
9th August 2014, 09:31 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 33

352 posts
for multi crt -off/ON download: http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...s-with-xposed/
work on all rom whit xposed
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread