Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,327 Members 44,909 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Triangle Away work on S5?

Tip us?

BLuFeNiX
Old
Thanks Meter 180

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondasforlife View Post
wondering any update did it work or not ....i need to send my phone in and wanted to know
Don't send it in. Go to a retail store. Less chance of them checking.
If you like my work, feel free to donate, or just hit the THANKS BUTTON.

Want to make your own boot animations from an animated GIF? Check out my software! - Gif2Boot (no root required)

fffft
Old
Thanks Meter 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondasforlife View Post
wondering any update did it work or not ....i need to send my phone in and wanted to know

Triangle away will not reset your Knox flag.

The flag can be reset in theory and has actually has been reset under controlled conditions in Development threads. But don't expect an end user solution to materialize anytime soon. For all practical purposes, a Knox flag is irreversible.

Sending a 0x1 phone to Samsung for warranty service will inevitably get it returned as unrepairable i.e. a refused warranty claim. If you live in the EU you can argue with them as their are stronger consumer protection laws ostensibly preventing them from refusing a claim unless they can demonstrate that your root damaged the phone.

For anyone elsewhere, it's more effective to claim warranty through your carrier. Many carriers don't care about Knox.

spirodave
Old
Thanks Meter 63

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by caodangra View Post
thank for the information.
my friend just took a GS5 back to tmobile because he basiclly bicked it and was to impatient to drop iot off at my house to fix it. They gave him a new one no questions asked and knox was tripped ..Its like they dont even care .. If you have premium handset protection it dont even matter if you trip knox . I think they would rather get a knox tripped phone rather than one that has a cracked screen ..The sales people up there only know how to do one thngand that is a factory reset to solve any and all problems .LOL.The last thing tmobile wants to do is keep you from having a phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to spirodave For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

page_osorio
Old
Thanks Meter 0
T-Mobile does not check if Knox was tripped. They don't know how to check it anyways. Just make sure that if they ask, do not give an impression that the phone is rooted.

PMGRANDS
Old
Thanks Meter 917

DONATE TO ME
I bricked my phone & brought back to Sprint & got a new one without a problem... Thank God!
*Sent from my Fast as Hell... (CDMA) Evo3D*

________

*My Now Retired... (CDMA) Hero ROM ExEnHeroC*

________

Direct-Download || P.m.Grands YouTube Channel

________

*If I Helped You...

*Please Spend 1 Sec. On Me...

*Hit The... "Thanks-Button"

________

"Donate" https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=9U6TFJTXEGCKQ