Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,879 Members 49,936 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I'm throwing a party and you should come **GS5 ROOT THREAD**

Tip us?

Note3-user
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help .-.

This doesn't work on T-Mobile ' Note 3 .-. It says "this device is not supported" please fix it .-.
if it help I have:
Model Number: SM - N900T
Android Version: 4.4.2
Baseband Version: N900TUVUDNF4
Kernel Version: 3.4.0-22717132
Security Software Version: MDF v1.0 Release 3

PLEASE FIX THIS!! D': I have been waiting so long for an app to root this phone now I find one and it's not compatible with my phone :'(

FoneWatcher
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Note3-user View Post

PLEASE FIX THIS!! D':
Not gonna happen.
Greetings from Simi Valley, California

=====> HTC One M7, stock 4.4.3, TWRP,
=====> LG G2 D801, stock 4.4.2, TWRP,
=====> Moto G XT10232 stock 4.4.2, TWRP
=====> Nexus 7 2012 (grouper) CM

Note3-user
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoneWatcher View Post
Not gonna happen.
Why not?

landshark68
Old
Thanks Meter 537
Quote:
Why not?
Read back in the thread a few pages - 1) GeoHot works for Google now. Hired to find and close exploits like the one towelroot used to root devices; 2) towelroot used a specific vulnerability in kernels dated before June 3. If your kernel is dated after June 3, the vulnerability has been patched and there is nothing GeoHot can "fix" to make towelroot work on your device; and related to that 3) either your phone has the vulnerability or it doesn't and towelroot either works to root your device or it doesn't and there is nothing GeoHot can do to fix towelroot to make it work for your device. Plus, like I said before GeoHot works for Google now so he can't create programs or apps that root phones by exploiting vulnerabilities he is supposed to now be fixing. Now that this same question has been answered for the 1,000,000th time in this thread, can we please get it closed?
Shouldn't we treat this world like the garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus.......sometimes the circus comes to you
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to landshark68 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Note3-user
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark68 View Post
Read back in the thread a few pages - 1) GeoHot works for Google now. Hired to find and close exploits like the one towelroot used to root devices; 2) towelroot used a specific vulnerability in kernels dated before June 3. If your kernel is dated after June 3, the vulnerability has been patched and there is nothing GeoHot can "fix" to make towelroot work on your device; and related to that 3) either your phone has the vulnerability or it doesn't and towelroot either works to root your device or it doesn't and there is nothing GeoHot can do to fix towelroot to make it work for your device. Plus, like I said before GeoHot works for Google now so he can't create programs or apps that root phones by exploiting vulnerabilities he is supposed to now be fixing. Now that this same question has been answered for the 1,000,000th time in this thread, can we please get it closed?
Sorry I don't keep up with this much, I didn't know any of that, so then is there anyway you know of to like downgrade anything on my phone to make it work?

lowlab
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Rooted my SM-G900M, I can comfirm that my counter is 0x0 . I don't have custom recovery though I'll have to see what happens then .

landshark68
Old
Thanks Meter 537
Quote:
Sorry I don't keep up with this much, I didn't know any of that, so then is there anyway you know of to like downgrade anything on my phone to make it work?
That's a question that is probably best asked in the T-Mobile note 3 section. You have a much better chance of getting an answer to your question there than here in the Verizon S5 section.
Shouldn't we treat this world like the garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus.......sometimes the circus comes to you
The Following User Says Thank You to landshark68 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vinji21@gmail.com
Old
Thanks Meter 2
thanks a lot....works on xperia zr
HTC ONE X+ Telus (disposed off)
4.2.2 elegancia

sony xperia zr
4.4.2 Kitkat official ROM

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe