Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,124 Members 39,701 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]How to disable Battery & USB cover seal prompts

Tip us?

jkeuclid
Old
(Last edited by jkeuclid; 2nd April 2014 at 10:58 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 76

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q]How to disable Battery & USB cover seal prompts

I tried a search on this but didn't find anything concrete, but is there a mod, module (Xposed installer) etc. that would allow disabling the battery cover seal and charger port cover seal prompts?

br0adband
Old
Thanks Meter 356
Discussed at length here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2537749
Currently using nothing at all...
The Following User Says Thank You to br0adband For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jkeuclid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 76

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by br0adband View Post
Thanks, I did see that thread awhile back but just skimmed it. I loaded "Enhanced Toast" module and will play around with that to see.

mrmartin86
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Didn't work for me. I tried using the "EnhancedToast" module for xposed and the prompts do not register as toast events. not sure what else to do.
Current Phone(s):
Samsung Galaxy S5 (G900T)

Retired Phones:
Samsung Galaxy S4 Active, Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Samsung Galaxy S II, HTC Desire Z, Nexus One (at&t version), Sony Ericsson c905a, Sony Ericsson w760a, Cingular 8125

dibeachdude
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeuclid View Post
Thanks, I did see that thread awhile back but just skimmed it. I loaded "Enhanced Toast" module and will play around with that to see.
You didn't see it. Then, you admitted to seeing, but you only skimmed it. Why bother searching or asking questions in an appropriate thread? Why not pollute the forum with a another thread asking the same question and looking for a different answer?

Mods please delete this thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."

Device: Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900A)
Stock everything . . . for now.

Has anybody noticed this? If you open the little USB cap and hold it really close to your ear, you can hear a tiny voice scream, "Unlock me!"
The Following User Says Thank You to dibeachdude For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thisisapoorusernamechoice
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Default Hope this helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeuclid View Post
I tried a search on this but didn't find anything concrete, but is there a mod, module (Xposed installer) etc. that would allow disabling the battery cover seal and charger port cover seal prompts?
They're chasing their tails over at the thread you linked to, the answer is over at the AT&T Galaxy S5 forum:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2799050
I deserve absolutely zero credit for this fix, I just wanna bring it to people's attention.

Decompile system/app/PopupuiReceiver.apk (I prefer apk-multi-tool). Open res/values/bools.xml and change the true value in the line:

<bool name="display_battery_cover_popup">false</bool>

to false. Recompile the apk, copy back to phone, set permissions to rw-r--r-- (644) and then finally replace the original apk.

???

Profit

I'll follow this up with a n00b-friendlier guide if people would like since I'm a n00b and this has been bothering me for a while. Hopefully this helps my fellow Active users
The Following User Says Thank You to thisisapoorusernamechoice For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Agent.
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisapoorusernamechoice View Post
They're chasing their tails over at the thread you linked to, the answer is over at the AT&T Galaxy S5 forum:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2799050
I deserve absolutely zero credit for this fix, I just wanna bring it to people's attention.

Decompile system/app/PopupuiReceiver.apk (I prefer apk-multi-tool). Open res/values/bools.xml and change the true value in the line:

<bool name="display_battery_cover_popup">false</bool>

to false. Recompile the apk, copy back to phone, set permissions to rw-r--r-- (644) and then finally replace the original apk.

???

Profit

I'll follow this up with a n00b-friendlier guide if people would like since I'm a n00b and this has been bothering me for a while. Hopefully this helps my fellow Active users
If you could make a noob friendly guide I would be extremely grateful!

Code4U
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I plan on making this mod soon. I need to be able to add links first. Its coming with a lot of other mods so keep a look out.