Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,868 Members 42,535 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] T-Mobile/AT&T/GSM on Razr M

Tip us?

camdecoster
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellzealot View Post
I will be writing this up in my thread but will give a quick listing here.
At the bottom of the build.prop file is a section called ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES and there are three lines that need editing.

ro.mot.phone mode.vzw4gphone=1 change to 0

ro.mot.ds.fastdormancy.disable=false change to true

telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice=1 change to 0 (the first instance of this line higher up in the build.prop can be ignored as this one takes precedence over it)

These changes can be made with any root enabled file explorer or with adb shell but you must always remember to set the permissions properly to rw-r--r--
and always save your original file as .bak to restore in case of problems.

If you do not set permissions properly your phone will not boot and you will need to reflash the system to restore it.

Also removing or renaming /system/priv-app/VzwPhoneService.apk and .odex files will disable the SIM from Unknown Source popup warning.
Thanks for the information. Could you elaborate on the benefit of making the edits? I understand that disabling fast dormancy will work around the bug, but what benefits do the other two edits provide?

samari71
Old
Thanks Meter 5
unlocked my phone to tmobile works but i am in a 2g area so all i get is phone and text is there any way for me to get data when i hit search for networks it show two networks tmobile and att am i able to use both

rocketrazr99
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellzealot View Post
The name of the apk that needs to be removed to stop the unknown SIM notification is /system/app/VZWPhoneService.apk and odex.
I can't find it on Titanium, why not?

cellzealot
Old
Thanks Meter 853
On the new KK build the location is s now /system/priv-app/VzwPhoneService.apk and .odex.
CellZealot

TeamBlackHat

Digital alchemy for the Droid and beyond.
The Following User Says Thank You to cellzealot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GnatGoSplat
Old
Thanks Meter 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketrazr99 View Post
I can't find it on Titanium, why not?
It's listed under Titanium as "com.motorola.setupwizard.phoneservice". I would freeze it while you're in titanium rather than uninstalling it, so you can take OTAs in the future. That is, if you care about that kind of thing.
The Following User Says Thank You to GnatGoSplat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]