Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,091 Members 53,217 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

BLOATWARE LISTS (Apps Safe To Remove From Galaxy Note 3) MDN, MIN, MSL

Tip us?

lord dredd
Old
Thanks Meter 390
Quite an observation mate .
Would be useful for me as I am Stull on nab and I wish to update myself to nc5 before I flash the vision X 3.0 rom
Thanks again bro

Sent from SM-N900P - NOTE 3
XDA... rockkss!!!!!!
micmars The uber helping GIANT
bigdaddy619 = 2X awesomeness quantified
The Following User Says Thank You to lord dredd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jimzweb1
Old
(Last edited by jimzweb1; 25th July 2014 at 03:10 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Default CHANGE YOUR CSC ( Customer Sales Code )

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord dredd View Post
Quite an observation mate .
Would be useful for me as I am Stull on nab and I wish to update myself to nc5 before I flash the vision X 3.0 rom
Thanks again bro

Sent from SM-N900P - NOTE 3
COOL !!! Check this out !!! First download or update to a copy of NC5. Now go to this XDA link http://forum.xda-developers.com/note...menus-t2816159 Download and install the Galaxy Tools APP ( Thanks to idone ) now open menu and check out all the goodies. Now click on Preconfig, then choose the CSC you want, then click install. You will end up with a out of the box, new copy of NC5. Check out screenshots !!!

BECAREFUL ONCE YOU CLICK INSTALL, YOU WILL LOSE ALL DATA ON THE PHONE, AND INTERNAL SDCARD BACKUP ALL DATA FIRST TO YOUR PC.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimzweb1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jimzweb1
Old
(Last edited by jimzweb1; 30th July 2014 at 02:47 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Default Prl, mdn, min, meid, spc ???

What does all this mean?

What is the PRL?

The PRL (Preferred Roaming List) is essentially a list of towers for the device to use to prioritize communication. A "Sprint" PRL is required for the device to use Sprint's towers to communicate. So, you should update your PRL when you move, or are planning to be in an area for an extended period of time.

What is the MDN?

The MDN (Mobile Directory Number) is the phone number with area code associated to your account. It is required to program your device. (Example 5558675309)

What is the MIN aka MSID?

The MIN(Mobile Identification Number) is a unique number associated to your account, using the same area code of your locale. It is required to program your device. (Example 5551234567)

A mobile station ID (MSID) is a number that is associated with the home service provider and the wireless phone number. This is reprogrammed when the user changes home service providers. It can also be called the mobile identification number (MIN) and is not to be confused with the mobile device number (MDN) in the CDMA world, which is the device's telephone number.

What is the MEID/IMEI/ESN?

The MEID ( Mobile Equipment Identifier ) is what your carrier uses to identify your device. MIED is a form of ESN ( Electronic Serial Number ). IMEI stands for ( International Mobile Equipment Identity ). IMEI is another form of ESN. In Sprint's case, you need the MEID DEC to associate your device with your account. Some devices (Samsung Note 3) have it listed on the sticker under the battery, while others will have MEID HEX listed in the OS instead, and will need to be converted to DEC. Samsung Note 3 lists both on the sticker under the battery.

(DEC Example 268435456123456789) (HEX Example A000000A1B2C3D)

What is the SPC? aka MSL?

The SPC is a 6-digit code used to access the programming features of your device. All Verizon devices use 000000 as the SPC code, which makes flashing very easy usually. Sprint devices use a unique code for each device and they can be quite a task to obtain.

jimzweb1
Old
(Last edited by jimzweb1; 10th August 2014 at 03:06 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Default MDN and MIN with no MSL on Note 3

Ok, to get MDN and MIN go to DATA/USER/0/com.samsung.syncservice/shared_prefs/PHONE_DATA.xml they will be listed there.
The Following User Says Thank You to jimzweb1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jimzweb1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Default MSL on Note 3

This app is only one that worked to get MSL/SPC here is the link https://mega.co.nz/#!cdgkCbZQ!FMc13S...bjNXWNQw7heqU8 download, and install click on MSL/SPC.

idone
Old
Thanks Meter 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimzweb1 View Post
Ok, to get MDN and MIN go to DATA/USER/0/com.samsung.syncservice/shered_prefs/PHONE_DATA.xml they will be listed there.
Also you can view and change min and mdn from IOTHIDDENMENU > ##MSL#
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-08-09-17-20-35.png
Views:	161
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	2891115  
The Following User Says Thank You to idone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]