Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,519 Members 42,390 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

knock-on trouble

Tip us?

gonk24
Old
Thanks Meter 127
I flashed back to stock twice using the ZVC tot and knock on wouldn't work either time. Thankfully I got the knock code update to ZVD and that did fix it.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

hunterintustin
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by secret.animal View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2467302

[VZW] HiddenMenu
Read the entire 7 page thread, and follow directions.
System app this should be with terminal instructions.
This did fix my knock on problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonk24 View Post
I flashed back to stock twice using the ZVC tot and knock on wouldn't work either time. Thankfully I got the knock code update to ZVD and that did fix it.

I had the opposite problem, ZVC was all fine and ZVD messed up the knock on feature,

TechGirl90
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterintustin View Post
I had the opposite problem, ZVC was all fine and ZVD messed up the knock on feature,
Really? The update worked fine for me[emoji4], I love the Knock Code feature.[emoji4]

kbow1
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Same for me.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterintustin View Post
I'm in the same boat, knock on worked flawlessly prior to the ZVD update, now it does not work at all. Knock Code is awesome, so if I had to choose one over the other, I'd take the code. I've tried some of the fixes previously mentioned to no avail. Any other fixes out there?

secret.animal
Old
Thanks Meter 502
Knock on won't work when you have knock code lock screen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Agimax
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by secret.animal View Post
Knock on won't work when you have knock code lock screen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
To Clarify even more:
If you tap your "Knock On Code" while the screen is off, it will wake up and unlock to desktop. The double tap to wake is not active while you have the knock code active.
Sprint LG G2 (LS980)
Rom: Currently Testing Debloated Stock ZVD
Kernel: Dorimanx v6.7

Changed BSRTimer to 3 from 3000 to fix LTE in ZVD (Thanks to Rocket321)

beezar
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonk24 View Post
This doesn't work for me. I've replaced the HiddenMenu.apk properly, changed permissions, and rebooted. Once into the menu either by terminal or dialer code, there is no HW Device Test option to choose. It's giving me the same hidden menu that Sprint already has. Again, yes, I replaced the apk properly.

Stock rooted ZVC
Had the same problem for a while. I took the ZVD update, then tot back to ZVC, but knock on stopped working. Tried the HiddenMenu.apk but still the same limited menu.

Then I realized that the HiddenMenu.apk is deodexed and won't work on ZVC odexed. So i fixed it by flashing a deodexed ROM (SuperG2 in my case), installed the HiddenMenu.apk which worked, updated the touch firmware, then tot'd back to ZVC, and knock on works great now.

kbow1
Old
(Last edited by kbow1; 9th August 2014 at 07:36 PM.) Reason: grammar
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agimax View Post
To Clarify even more:
If you tap your "Knock On Code" while the screen is off, it will wake up and unlock to desktop. The double tap to wake is not active while you have the knock code active.
I'll have to check that. Knock On works with Knock Code on my G3, figured it would be the same on the G2............maybe not.

trubadness
Old
Thanks Meter 0
just sharing my experience: i updated to zvd, back to zvc, to cm11, back to zv7 and ota'd all the way back to zvd and my knock on still worked, it is now broken after i flashed the white lines fix after flashing the tmobile stock rom by novembre5. tried every fix in this thread and still no fix. knock off works flawlessly. im sure if i went back to zv7 and took all the ota's again ittl work but i need this rom to use my tmobile service.

jamaicamike
Old
Thanks Meter 9
All you have to do is put your knock code in when screen is off and it will turn on knock on won't turn on the screen but if screen is off and knock code is used it will unlock the phone

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Free mobile app