Hey Cat! I see in your sig it shows "Samsung Galaxy S 5 (SM-G900V) with 4.4.2 build KOT49H.G900VVRU1ANE9 Rooted" which is the new OTA update that was just released a little ago. I have the one right before that with safestrap recovery and stock 4.4.2 rooted with TowelRoot.
The question is (Since it seems to be breaking roots here and there) were you able to do the update without any problems and how did you install it?
1. Allow KOT49H.G900VVRU1ANE9 update to install.
2. Enable Settings > Developer options > USB debugging.
3. Enable Settings > Security > Unknown sources.
4. Power off GS5 (Galaxy S 5).
5. Power on GS5 into Odin Mode (press and hold Home key, Volume Down key, and Power key until GS5 powers on and displays warning screen, then press Volume Up key).
6. Use Odin3 (installed on PC) to install old rootable NCG kernel.
7. Download, install, and run TowelRoot app to gain root access.
8. Download, install, and run SuperSU Pro app.
9. Power off GS5.
10. Power on GS5 into Odin Mode again.
11. Use Odin3 again to install new NE9 kernel.
You will now have root access even though you are running the new unrootable NE9 kernel.
SuperSU Pro (recommend; you can use SuperSU or SuperUser instead)
Read THIS POST by muniz_ri and watch owenbeals video on YouTube.
Credits go to muniz_ri, Tomsgt, owenbeals, open1your1eyes0, Misterxtc, and FlairDevil.