NG2 update.zip file

Search This thread

churchey360

Oct 6, 2013
Morgantown
Any one wanna run a system dump.

I have a backup made of the NG2 update i made with philz recovery. I wiped caches and did a factory reset before backing it up. Im zipping all the system image files up now and ill upload them to my dropbox and post a link. I also have the modem files pulled but idk how to turn them into a .tar.md5 file lol.

Reactions: mxmr and g_ding84

Dogochico

Apr 2, 2011
I am rooted with cf auto root stock recovery, hot spot mod and phone record feature. Will all this still work if I apply this update or should I wait? Help

td030981

Sep 4, 2013
Olive Branch
@churchey360 I could really use a copy of that system dump. I am running supers4 rom right now because I did a factory reset with ##786# and I lost all my sprint features. It's just a plain Samsung L -720T now. No wifi calls, I can't even update my prl or profile. Everything works it's just not associated with sprint. Activation fails as well.

yqe8e6a2.jpg

P.m. me if you don't mind sharing.
Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

2WhiteWolves

Dec 21, 2013
In case CF-Auto Root does not work for some people, it was reported that phliz recovery did.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2836541

On pg1 post 7 and 8

---------- Post added at 07:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
I am rooted with cf auto root stock recovery, hot spot mod and phone record feature. Will all this still work if I apply this update or should I wait? Help

There is no hotspot mod for this yet, Wifi Tether Router for $2.50 on play store Might work.
This is just starting to develop for the new update. So it is up to you if you want to update.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dogochico

td030981

Sep 4, 2013
Olive Branch
They sent me the L 720 update I guess because of me rom. I have a L 720T. Lol. Good question cause I was wondering the same thing.

SPH-L720T on SuperS4 Rom

mxmr

Jan 25, 2012
Wisconsin
[Rooted] Stock NG2 Odexed and Deodexed ROMs

I put together a stock rom based on the NG2 update if anyone wants to try it out and see if it works for them.

***You need to have the NG2 modem for wifi and maybe data to work!!!***

Stock rooted odexed:

Stock rooted deodexed:

These are completely stock with a few small exceptions:
*Added root
*Added busybox
*added init.d support
*Knox has been removed.

Thanks @churchey360 for the update.zip

Last edited:

amieldl143

Oct 3, 2008
Brentwood
I put together a stock rom based on the NG2 update if anyone wants to try it out and see if it works for them.

Stock rooted odexed:

Stock rooted deodexed:

These are completely stock with the exception of added root and knox has been removed. Thanks @churchey360 for the update.zip

Thanks bro.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Free mobile app

dave6267

Jul 16, 2011
Can you or anyone confirm that either of these are working? I didn't get to test much and just want to make sure I remove links to them if they are unstable.

Tried odexed and everything booted fine but could not turn on wifi at all and mobile data very slow and disconnects all the time Will try deodexed one tonight and report back

Reactions: mxmr

Top Liked Posts