Need Stock Firmware G900AUCU2AND3!!!

OP pcidiot

8th August 2014, 08:05 PM   |  #21  
Flag Fort Wayne
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
More
Answers to nightwing792
I wanted to do the same thing. Here's the scoop nightwing792.
1) If I flash the AP, CP and CSC files will I achieve 100% stock with bloatware?*

Yes this adds it all back.

2) Will this return my "add call button"?

Yes

3) Is it as simple as just using odin 3.09 and flashing* the AP, CP, and CSC files?

Yes, be sure to put the phone into Download mode first then open Odin, Then attach you phone via the USB cable that came with your phone.

4) I also understand that this will take me back to* G900AUCU1ANCE but will I be able to do an OTA do go to G900AUCU2AND3?

Yes your OTA update to AND3 will be available.

5) Is there anything else I need to know to prevent my phone from bricking!

This will not brick your phone. DO NOT DISCONNECT THE PHONE UTIL ODIN SAYS PASS!! Flashing all three will erase your personal settings and wipe the phone like a factory reset so back up your apps to your Google account and your contact to the SIM card or Google account.

If you did not trip KNOX when you rooted, using Odin will not trip it either. When in Download mode, your KNOX indicator will be shown at the top.
Last edited by Achilles5410; 8th August 2014 at 08:14 PM. Reason: adding info
The Following User Says Thank You to Achilles5410 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th August 2014, 04:49 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 15

328 posts
So G900AUCU2AND3 is newer/more updated than the G900AUCU1ANCE ??? Is there any reason why I shouldn't download it and flash my G900AUCU1ANCE to G900AUCU1ANCE using ODIN? Would I have to flash the BootLoader? Anything else I need to know???
9th August 2014, 05:39 AM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles5410

I wanted to do the same thing. Here's the scoop nightwing792.
1) If I flash the AP, CP and CSC files will I achieve 100% stock with bloatware?*

Yes this adds it all back.

2) Will this return my "add call button"?

Yes

3) Is it as simple as just using odin 3.09 and flashing* the AP, CP, and CSC files?

Yes, be sure to put the phone into Download mode first then open Odin, Then attach you phone via the USB cable that came with your phone.

4) I also understand that this will take me back to* G900AUCU1ANCE but will I be able to do an OTA do go to G900AUCU2AND3?

Yes your OTA update to AND3 will be available.

5) Is there anything else I need to know to prevent my phone from bricking!

This will not brick your phone. DO NOT DISCONNECT THE PHONE UTIL ODIN SAYS PASS!! Flashing all three will erase your personal settings and wipe the phone like a factory reset so back up your apps to your Google account and your contact to the SIM card or Google account.

If you did not trip KNOX when you rooted, using Odin will not trip it either. When in Download mode, your KNOX indicator will be shown at the top.

Thanks for answering my questions Achilles5410. Just a few more questions sorry.

1) I believe the thread says to flash the AP, CP, and CSC files all at once in odin. Is this true or am I supposed to flash each one individually?

2) Also how do I know if I tripped KNOX? I believe my KNOX status said 0x0. What does that mean?
9th August 2014, 05:52 AM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 298

772 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightwing792

Thanks for answering my questions Achilles5410. Just a few more questions sorry.

1) I believe the thread says to flash the AP, CP, and CSC files all at once in odin. Is this true or am I supposed to flash each one individually?

2) Also how do I know if I tripped KNOX? I believe my KNOX status said 0x0. What does that mean?

If your Knox status is 0x0, then you didn't trip Knox and you're good. If it's 0x1, then you tripped Knox and voided your warranty.
The Following User Says Thank You to shortydoggg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th August 2014, 07:22 AM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 15

328 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonarchX

So G900AUCU2AND3 is newer/more updated than the G900AUCU1ANCE ??? Is there any reason why I shouldn't download it and flash my G900AUCU1ANCE to G900AUCU2AND3 using ODIN? Would I have to flash the BootLoader? Anything else I need to know???

BUMP! Another question - would going from G900AUCU1ANCE to G900AUCU2AND3 void warranty? Some talk about tripping Knox and etc - please explain or link me to where I can find more answers!

Finally, since I am using a Custom ROM, would it be of ANY benefit to use G900AUCU2AND3 instead of G900AUCU1ANCE???
9th August 2014, 08:34 AM   |  #26  

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonarchX

So G900AUCU2AND3 is newer/more updated than the G900AUCU1ANCE ??? Is there any reason why I shouldn't download it and flash my G900AUCU1ANCE to G900AUCU1ANCE using ODIN? Would I have to flash the BootLoader? Anything else I need to know???

1) Yes, G900AUCU2AND3 is the most recent update and G900AUCU1ANCE is the older one.

2) Someone correct me if I am wrong but I don't think you can not currently use odin to go from the G900AUCU1ANCE firmware to the G900AUCU2AND3 other than by doing an over the air update. This is because the G900AUCU2AND3 firmware isn't available to download on the internet or at least I couldn't find the file for it anywhere.

3) I don't know what the benefit of going from G900AUCU1ANCE to G900AUCU2AND3 is other than bug fixes and improved security. If I were you I would stay on G900AUCU1ANCE because if you brick your phone than you can easily use Odin since the G900AUCU1ANCE firmware is available to download on the internet. If you feel that you do want to update than simply unroot properly and do the OTA update.

4) I'm not sure if you will trip KNOX....If you use odin I don't think you will but don't hold me to it. However, you definitely won't if you do it by an OTA update, which in your case you would have to do by unrooting
Last edited by nightwing792; 10th August 2014 at 12:12 AM. Reason: needed to add something
10th August 2014, 07:05 AM   |  #27  

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikrat

I need this very badly as well. I rooted my phone and then tried to alter my screen density via an app I found on Google Play. It requested root, I granted the permission and then when the phone rebooted it hung on "Samsung Galaxy S5" splash screen and will no go any further. ODIN will not allow me to flash G900AUCU1ANCE firmware since I did the OTA update. If anyone could post up their G900AUCU2AND3, I would appreciate it very much.

Here is the link to the firmware I found on another thread. Its apparently from Samsung? Haven't tried downloading it but does anyone care to weigh in on this? Sorry for the spacing I can't post links yet

opensource. samsung .com/reception/receptionSub.do?method=search&searchValue=SM-g900
Last edited by nightwing792; 10th August 2014 at 07:10 AM. Reason: correction

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread