Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,588 Members 47,278 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] S5 Soft bricked (activation lock on) won't boot after factory reset

Tip us?

chocolatkey
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] S5 Soft bricked (activation lock on) won't boot after factory reset

The current problem is this: I installed Chainfire 3d on the S5. After rebooting, it got stuck at the logo screen. I haven't installed Clockworkmod Recovery so the recovery is still the stock one. I tried factory resetting and wiping the cache but it's still stuck at the logo. I assume this is because Chainfire 3d is in the /system. I turned on the activation lock too so I can't use Odin to flash a new ROM or zip. What can I do??

Thanks for any help!

rlewis312010
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I had issues after flashing back to stock. US Cellular version. What I had to do was REMOVE the sim card, reboot, then it would get into the system. From there you can do what you need to do (especially over wifi as you'll only have wifi). I then rebooted again (completed activation with sim card removed) and this time I had the sim card inserted. This worked for me. MAYBE it will work for you. I had an issue nobody would help me with.

chocolatkey
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlewis312010 View Post
I had issues after flashing back to stock. US Cellular version. What I had to do was REMOVE the sim card, reboot, then it would get into the system. From there you can do what you need to do (especially over wifi as you'll only have wifi). I then rebooted again (completed activation with sim card removed) and this time I had the sim card inserted. This worked for me. MAYBE it will work for you. I had an issue nobody would help me with.
Sadly, that did not make a difference but thanks anyway!

mediumsteak
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Is there any way to flash a custom recovery through the stock recovery? That might allow you to boot into a custom recovery and then flash a custom ROM or stock firmware.

Rickinsav
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Did you ever get this resolved?