Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Bump! Workaround for the LG G3 Locked Bootloader – XDA TV

The LG G3 is a power house device. It’s been a favorite of many people. … more

Enable Call Recording on Xperia Z2 and Z3

Call recording, while not legal in every part of the world, is quite handy in certain situations. … more

Google Play Store Payments Available in China

Google has taken a big step to make its services accessible globally. Since the introduction of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Car dock for Flex?

OP dgomez720

3rd June 2014, 05:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Amarillo, TX
Thanks Meter: 51

304 posts
More
OK, so I've searched all over but I haven't seen an actual Car Dock for the LG G Flex. only universal mounts pop up and I have one of those (my wife and i used to have matching HTC EVO 4G LTE's) and it doesn't sit or play well with that one mostly because of the Curve and size. I'm wondering if anyone has been able to find a good LG Flex based car dock? we take trips down south to Austin from Amarillo a lot but it's a pain having to reach down in to my Jeeps cup holder and look away while i check GPS or change song. just curious
5th June 2014, 04:49 PM   |  #2  
Flag Schenectady
Thanks Meter: 147

194 posts
More
Curious about this as well.

One thing I have found (however dangerous and unsafe as it may be) is to use a mouse while driving. Using a OTG cable with a wireless mouse helps me keep much more focus on the road. Much better that reaching up to the phone and touching the screen imho. With the flex I have many times knocked the phone out of the bad-fitting car dock I have when I touch it, creating a dangerous situation. Hence my switch to a mouse
15th June 2014, 04:24 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 367

2,061 posts
I got this universal mount sideways since I switch phones a lot. I adjust it so it's snug and don't even mess with the button to release it so it's easy to put in and take out. Our Columbus, Ohio roads suck and I've never had problem with it falling out. It's angled up so that helps. I tried at least 10 universal mounts and finally found one I like. I got it at Walmart.

I only mess with my phone when I'm at a light. I had a friend that died driving and texting.

Last edited by sweets55; 15th June 2014 at 04:26 PM.
15th June 2014, 11:42 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Amarillo, TX

304 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweets55

I got this universal mount sideways since I switch phones a lot. I adjust it so it's snug and don't even mess with the button to release it so it's easy to put in and take out. Our Columbus, Ohio roads suck and I've never had problem with it falling out. It's angled up so that helps. I tried at least 10 universal mounts and finally found one I like. I got it at Walmart.

I only mess with my phone when I'm at a light. I had a friend that died driving and texting.

I'm going to have to buy one of these and give it a go. My jeep doesn't have hands free, but I don't mind using my aux cable to use through my speakers.
17th June 2014, 07:19 PM   |  #5  
Flag Pittsburgh Pa
Thanks Meter: 38

322 posts
More
ARKON Mounts
I have an Arkon window mount with a 18inch flexible goose-neck which also accomodates a 7 -10 inch tablet. I do see that they have an NFC enabled window mount which will probably do everything that you need it to do:

http://www.arkon.com/NFC%20Mounts/in...-nfc-dock.html

I hope this helps!
The Following User Says Thank You to lostsoul77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th June 2014, 06:30 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Amarillo, TX

304 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul77

I have an Arkon window mount with a 18inch flexible goose-neck which also accomodates a 7 -10 inch tablet. I do see that they have an NFC enabled window mount which will probably do everything that you need it to do:

http://www.arkon.com/NFC%20Mounts/in...-nfc-dock.html

I hope this helps!

looks like im saving up for this. dont know how useful NFC will be for me but as long as i dont have to look down, ill give it a go. Thank you!
25th June 2014, 11:13 PM   |  #7  
Flag Pittsburgh Pa
Thanks Meter: 38

322 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgomez720

looks like im saving up for this. dont know how useful NFC will be for me but as long as i dont have to look down, ill give it a go. Thank you!

"The Intelligrip NFC-powered car dock adds convenience to your NFC-enabled mobile devices by launching your favorite apps and settings based on your preferences, all with the help of an embedded NFC tag in the smartphone holder. Just place your device in the NFC-enabled dock and the embedded NFC tag will launch your commands and switch between the profiles that you have created using the Trigger or NFC Task Launcher app."
2nd August 2014, 07:29 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Flex dock
I use a cd slot mounted dock and it works great. Slip it into your cd slot, tighten the tightner thingy, set phone in dock and away you go!

Search Amazon for "Mountek nGroove Universal CD Slot Mount for Cell Phones and GPS Devices"
10th August 2014, 08:59 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 9

55 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgomez720

I'm going to have to buy one of these and give it a go. My jeep doesn't have hands free, but I don't mind using my aux cable to use through my speakers.

I've got this same one......they also make it with different mounting bases. Like one that mounts to the cars a.c. vents and another with extended arm. Holds the phone really tight and very easily usable to insert phone into and take out of.

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread