Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,728 Members 44,237 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(ROM)(AOSP) Team Gummy ROM Milestone

Tip us?
 
sohotha
Old
#281  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 32
Join Date: Feb 2010
Unhappy Install failed

Just tried to install this on my Oppo Find 7 ( coming form CM11 ).

Did wipe Data/ cache.

Issues :

1. The system did would not connect to the wifi ( which is MAC address based )
2. Did not recognize the SD card ( 128GB )

With 28GB of data on sd card , no way I'm going to wipe it so that Gummy can recognize it.

Next step, going to try Nameless? If that fails back to CM11.

Only issue I had with CM11 was Bluetooth connections. Was hoping Gummy would fix that.

Ah well ..
 
nerotix
Old
#282  
nerotix's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 622
Posts: 2,180
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Utrecht
Quote:
Originally Posted by sohotha View Post
Just tried to install this on my Oppo Find 7 ( coming form CM11 ).

Did wipe Data/ cache.

Issues :

1. The system did would not connect to the wifi ( which is MAC address based )
2. Did not recognize the SD card ( 128GB )

With 28GB of data on sd card , no way I'm going to wipe it so that Gummy can recognize it.

Next step, going to try Nameless? If that fails back to CM11.

Only issue I had with CM11 was Bluetooth connections. Was hoping Gummy would fix that.

Ah well ..
It's a small effort to formate your SD card, copy all to u pc and format the sdcard to ex4/exfat/ntfs or whichever works with gummy.Trust me, it's worth it. Beste stable rom out there so far. Also, copying 28gig to your sdcard takes perhaps 20/30 mins, put copy on and go have dinner when ur done with dinner, so is ur copy.
My 1st icon pack for Nova/Apex/Holo/ADW/LauncherPro: Just Flat
 
sohotha
Old
(Last edited by sohotha; 8th August 2014 at 12:08 PM.) Reason: Added line
#283  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 32
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerotix View Post
It's a small effort to formate your SD card, copy all to u pc and format the sdcard to ex4/exfat/ntfs or whichever works with gummy.Trust me, it's worth it. Beste stable rom out there so far. Also, copying 28gig to your sdcard takes perhaps 20/30 mins, put copy on and go have dinner when ur done with dinner, so is ur copy.
Tried Nameless rom. Had same issue with wifi and sd card.
sd card formatting/Copy/reload I can work around , but not the wifi issue.
I had no problems connecting to the wifi network with Color o/s or CM11.

Will give it a go on my home wifi.
 
nerotix
Old
#284  
nerotix's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 622
Posts: 2,180
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Utrecht
Quote:
Originally Posted by sohotha View Post
Tried Nameless rom. Had same issue with wifi and sd card.
sd card formatting/Copy/reload I can work around , but not the wifi issue.
I had no problems connecting to the wifi network with Color o/s or CM11.

Will give it a go on my home wifi.
Probably using the wrong baseband version. Try installing baseband from 1.2.3i and try flashing gummy and/or nameless again.
My 1st icon pack for Nova/Apex/Holo/ADW/LauncherPro: Just Flat
 
sohotha
Old
#285  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 32
Join Date: Feb 2010
Same problem at home. No wifi connection.

Did not change baseband. Baseband effects modem ?

Don't see how baseband would effect wifi ?
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes