Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,101 Members 43,017 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy Gear Bricked, Odin always Fail

Tip us?

fireishott
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Same thing happened to me.. you will have to do one of two things. . Search for the tizen downgrade. Sorry don't have link handy. .. or flash the original tizen update not the newest nf1 then flash the nf1 after successful flash... the problem is you flashed the newest nf1 before having the tizen bootloader. .. and right now you are trying to flash android on a jacked up tizen bootloader. .. give me a min to search for you and I will post links

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

Tizen downgrade. ...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2776157

Oh yeah don't forget thanks

---------- Post added at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

Flash this first... then flash NF1 ... and I hope it goes with out saying flash in oden

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2767465

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fireishott For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tyranek202
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Very Thanks !

Thanks you !
Flash this version of Tizen is only way to back to Tizen after downgrade from Tizen to Android ( i know it isn't very clever )
I try flash many tizen firmwares but, ONLY this working.
Kies Updates doesn't work, only ODIN.

trisha3010
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Think I've Bricked My Gear

So have encountered the same problems as above. Was trying to restore my gear back to original setting via odin but got the message - Firmware Upgrade Encountered A Problem - Now can't get it back into recovery mode or anything odin won't recognise it either so can't even try any of the solutions given.

Any ideas how to get it into recovery or download mode...please

shayind4
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by trisha3010 View Post
So have encountered the same problems as above. Was trying to restore my gear back to original setting via odin but got the message - Firmware Upgrade Encountered A Problem - Now can't get it back into recovery mode or anything odin won't recognise it either so can't even try any of the solutions given.

No need to get back to recovery or download mode. Use odin and follow instructions by @fireishott above. I have just restored my gear from the 'Firmware Upgrade Encountered a problem' screen. It should be recognised by odin 3.09. You can try another computer, and also press the power button as if you are rebooting the gear. The screen will go off then you get the 'firmware....' screen again. Ensure you have latest samsung drivers.

Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to shayind4 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chobochobo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

I used Odin3.07 and 4.2.2 stock ROM to flash first - I used PHONE option because the others didn't work (no progress in the message window). This 'faulty' flash came up with a 'UI stopped working error' when the Gear rebooted but I was able to get it into download mode now. I then used Odin 3.09 and the flashed the 4.2.2 as a PIT which worked fine!

Got there after reading through a lot of XDA threads and trying many things. But in the end, the answers were here. Thanks.

PS how I got into the mess (the firmware error message with the yellow triangle)? I was on null 23 and wanted to go back to stock rom so that I could sell the Gear. Couldn't get into download mode for Odin 3.09; I can't exactly remember what I did but I disconnected the gear midway through a seemingly failed flash and it got me to the error. Googling says use Kies but nope, it wouldn't recognise the gear even for the 'emergency firmware'. I tried a lot of things, and wasted a lot of time!

trisha3010
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Big Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by chobochobo View Post
I used Odin3.07 and 4.2.2 stock ROM to flash first - I used PHONE option because the others didn't work (no progress in the message window). This 'faulty' flash came up with a 'UI stopped working error' when the Gear rebooted but I was able to get it into download mode now. I then used Odin 3.09 and the flashed the 4.2.2 as a PIT which worked fine!

Got there after reading through a lot of XDA threads and trying many things. But in the end, the answers were here. Thanks.

PS how I got into the mess (the firmware error message with the yellow triangle)? I was on null 23 and wanted to go back to stock rom so that I could sell the Gear. Couldn't get into download mode for Odin 3.09; I can't exactly remember what I did but I disconnected the gear midway through a seemingly failed flash and it got me to the error. Googling says use Kies but nope, it wouldn't recognise the gear even for the 'emergency firmware'. I tried a lot of things, and wasted a lot of time!

Hi Everyone HUGE thanks managed to follow instructions and gear is back up and working. Just wanted to check I only flashed the tizen downgrade (ie-image 1) and this automatically rebooted the galaxy back to original settings without having to reflash the NF1 is this ok or should i flash this anyway. Many thanks again for the replies as everyone here was telling me it was beyond repair.

Cheony81
Old
Thanks Meter 3
i was in the same situation last week kept getting same errors,decided to try different computer and went here and downloaded (http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=SM-V700) and picked 4.2.2 btu version and went through with no error and got it back up and going

trisha3010
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Further Problems

Quote:
Hi Everyone HUGE thanks managed to follow instructions and gear is back up and working. Just wanted to check I only flashed the tizen downgrade (ie-image 1) and this automatically rebooted the galaxy back to original settings without having to reflash the NF1 is this ok or should i flash this anyway. Many thanks again for the replies as everyone here was telling me it was beyond repair.
Hi everyone can't believe this but hit the reset button in the settings app and the gear has now rebooted and stuck on the Samsung screen with nothing working - odin not recognising it and even when i try to reboot in recovery mode it just keeps reverting back to same Samsung screen ... any help or suggestions would be appreciated.