Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,599 Members 38,348 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to unlock S5 region lock

Tip us?

u1988
Old
(Last edited by u1988; 20th August 2014 at 08:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 24
cellunlocker.net:
Dosn't provide codes for Region Lock only for decives that open for Region Lock & Close for network lock !

*All Canadian Carriers are NOT subject to Region Locking

*All USA and European Carriers ARE subject to Region Locking

*There will be absolutely no refunds, if your device is Region Locked and an Unlock code is provided for your Samsung Device.

*If you are not sure please contact us first before placing your order

http://www.cellunlocker.net/samsung-unlock.php

Only fastgsm.com help to unloack SIM lock + region lock ...

fffft
Old
Thanks Meter 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by etaiso View Post
I have a Galaxy S5 which is region locked to the Americas. I'm trying to use it in other region, but when inserting non-USA SIM it asks me for a PIN code to unlock.

Samsung region locks to make it difficult to do exactly what you are trying to do. Reliable information on the topic is difficult to come by as it doesn't affect most of us.. hence most of us have little direct experience with region locking. And those affected frequently make assumptions and guesses but seldom study the issue methodically.

Some very knowledgeable people say that a normal SIM unlock will likely remove the region unlock as well. So that may be the best option for many. The question of whether using an Americas SIM, e.g. a prepaid SIM for example outside of the America's will release the region lock? The question gets raised from time to time but I have yet to see an authorative answer.. so the only thing that we can say is that it would probably work.

Lastly, one can, with root, directly examine and modify the region lock blacklist. So it is easily circumvented if you root your phone. I can vouch for the later. The other suggestions should work as well, but were not tested myself.

rastmus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
what about the people who already bought the phone and came back to their own country.?

it s too late for me to use a sim based in the purchase country. my phone has no sim lock, when i put the sim and try to call someone it says "not registered on network". I wonder is this because region lock or a different problem?

i would appreciate any kind of help.

russ18uk
Old
Thanks Meter 64
I suppose you could try flashing firmware from your region and change your CSC. Worth trying since you don't have much choice.

rastmus
Old
(Last edited by rastmus; 6th August 2014 at 01:55 PM.) Reason: grammer
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ18uk View Post
I suppose you could try flashing firmware from your region and change your CSC. Worth trying since you don't have much choice.
thanks for the advice but my phone is G900H and G900FQ is the phone available in my region

i will try to change CSC when i get my phone back. It is in samsung service now. They are trying to fix it but no luck so far

u1988
Old
Thanks Meter 24
My friend use .fastgsm.com to unloack SIM lock + region lock ...
I wounder if there is a way with root to unloack it ?
for some reson no one in XDA didn't give a solution to the problem...

anyone know another web to unlock SIM lock + region lock for non-rooted?
what about root deviecs?