Bring Back LTE on the Google Nexus 4 Running Lollipop

One of the predecessors of the latest, largest, and greatest Gooogle Nexus 6(theGoogle … more

Google Maps, My Maps, YouTube, Androidify, Slides, Music Updated–Here’s What’s New

In the last few weeks, Google has been … more

SuperSU BETA: Root Android Lollipop on Stock Kernel

Up until now, if you wanted to get root on Android 5.0, you needed to flash a modified … more

Android App Review: Get Amaze with Material Design – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. Android 5.0 … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

How do you use Google Music?

OP death_entry

11th May 2014, 10:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 26

266 posts
More
I want to be able to stream some music I have setup on Google Music etc (this works fine on my phone etc) But on the TS I'm met with a screen that asks me to pick an account, but there's no where for it to pick this option... I suspect it might be case of the TS not being able to scroll the APP to where the options are displayed? :S
11th May 2014, 11:07 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by death_entry

I want to be able to stream some music I have setup on Google Music etc (this works fine on my phone etc) But on the TS I'm met with a screen that asks me to pick an account, but there's no where for it to pick this option... I suspect it might be case of the TS not being able to scroll the APP to where the options are displayed? :S

Install xposed framework (use google, root required) and App Settings xposed module. Use it to set the Google Play Music DPI to, say, 90. It should make everything a bit smaller so you can pick an account.

ADD: Another option would be to activate the Extended desktop feature. I think you need GravityBox xposed module for that.
Last edited by gentoolkit; 11th May 2014 at 11:12 AM.
11th May 2014, 06:49 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 26

266 posts
More
Tried all of them with no joy... I ended up just using this app which worked really well...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...n3o.lcddensity

Set to dpi to 100, then reboot method to "killall", apply (reboot) and bam can just get into my gmail account lol.... Obviously put it back to original 115dpi afterwards....
Last edited by death_entry; 11th May 2014 at 07:04 PM.
12th June 2014, 01:45 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by death_entry

Tried all of them with no joy... I ended up just using this app which worked really well...

Set to dpi to 100, then reboot method to "killall", apply (reboot) and bam can just get into my gmail account lol.... Obviously put it back to original 115dpi afterwards....

Yesterday I recieved my TS and tried to change the DPI settings with LCDDensity and xposed+app settings. None made any changes. And gravitybox is unable to start (GravityBox system framework not responding.Exiting)

Any idea?
12th June 2014, 05:42 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 2

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupperharley

Yesterday I recieved my TS and tried to change the DPI settings with LCDDensity and xposed+app settings. None made any changes. And gravitybox is unable to start (GravityBox system framework not responding.Exiting)

Any idea?

Are you sure that you are properly rooted? I ran into a similar problem (GravityBox system framework not responding) when Xposed framework installation failed for some reason. Make sure that you have the right app_process and XposedBridge.jar activated.

ADD: One additional option would be set the system font size to the smallest possible. I managed to select my Google account by tapping the screen several times just above the buttons. You do not see the account but you may be able to select it. It is really tricky. I have managed to do it only once.
Last edited by gentoolkit; 12th June 2014 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Additional option
The Following User Says Thank You to gentoolkit For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th June 2014, 09:39 AM   |  #6  

2 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentoolkit

Are you sure that you are properly rooted? I ran into a similar problem (GravityBox system framework not responding) when Xposed framework installation failed for some reason. Make sure that you have the right app_process and XposedBridge.jar activated.

ADD: One additional option would be set the system font size to the smallest possible. I managed to select my Google account by tapping the screen several times just above the buttons. You do not see the account but you may be able to select it. It is really tricky. I have managed to do it only once.

Xposed framework wasn't installed. I forgot to install xposed framework in the xposed installer. After the reboot i could change the the font scale in app settings and select my Google account

Thx for your help
30th July 2014, 11:08 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1

17 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupperharley

Xposed framework wasn't installed. I forgot to install xposed framework in the xposed installer. After the reboot i could change the the font scale in app settings and select my Google account

Thx for your help

a way without root:
delete your google acc in the settings. now try to hit on the playstore login the left login area. if ure lucky, u get the " sign in with googleaccount" field. enter your date, ok, and u get a phonewide login witch also works with the google music.
works for me.
10th August 2014, 04:33 PM   |  #8  

5 posts
Hello,

To avoid root, you can log in through an old google music version :

plus.google.com/app/basic/stream/z12fupjh1n34c5j1k23fwtbblvapgf4om04?cbp=1pmuvr2u34 nvn&sview=27&cid=5&soc-app=115&soc-platform=1&spath=%2Fapp%2Fbasic%2F%2BLouisLegrandb lond%2Fposts&sparm=cbp%3Dtw673wgywfle%26sview%3D2% 26cid%3D5%26soc-app%3D115%26soc-platform%3D1

Sorry for the url format I am not allowed yet to post url. Add https as a prefix.
Last edited by blouz; 10th August 2014 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Précision

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread