[HOWTO MAY16]UNLOCK BOOTLOADER, FLASH RECOVERY, INSTALL ROM Atrix 4G Bell/int'l + ATT

Search This thread

gfigcool

Aug 9, 2014
need help fast

i'm doomed, i flashed the international sbf on my korean atrix, [s/w: 4.5.2A-skt-167]
now it says "failed to boot 3" ,
power on and vol down doesnt do anything
please help me fast, i'm scared

ravibhupathi

Mar 8, 2015
hyderabad
Can you read the guides that have been up for 4 yrs?

Sent from my RAZR-ATRIX HD using XDA Free mobile app

can i use automatic bootloader for korean skt version running 2.3.5 or flashing the
"intl-fix-try1.sbf" with RSD lite & fastboot method.
automatic bootloader is for att only & this sbf for non att users. i am confused.
in the build prop. i have find that "temporary enable AT&T NSUI system from system prop".
i just need a little clarification .could you please tell me.

Last edited:

palmbeach05

Oct 12, 2012
Motorola Atrix HD
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
i followed the instructions but i got
SVF:108:1:2
Failed to boot 3
starting fastboot protocol support

what to do?

Dude...
Learn to read.

HINT: forget about any automatic anything.
@ravibhupathi I'm going to have to agree with @ravilov on this one. Unless its an RSD lite script, don't do anything with automatic on this device. Also, you need to search for the fix for your issue. There are threads about that error. You can use google. Its not hard.

ravibhupathi

Mar 8, 2015
hyderabad
@ravibhupathi I'm going to have to agree with @ravilov on this one. Unless its an RSD lite script, don't do anything with automatic on this device. Also, you need to search for the fix for your issue. There are threads about that error. You can use google. Its not hard.

i have searched for the fix in xda,but there is only one fix.and that
fix is for only AT&T versions only. not for international users.:crying:
if you know any thing please suggest me

ravibhupathi

Mar 8, 2015
hyderabad
good news

:good:i just found the solution to this "failed to boot 3"
ONLY FOR SKT & KT VERSIONS
for this korean skt phones, by following the guide lines you will end with the "failed to boot 3" screen's only
the tricky part comes here: (for korean skt atrix mb860 users only)
after downloading RSD Lite and int-fix-try1.sbf
you have to download one more sbf file which is austrilan roman (size=617.462mb) http://www.startpda.kr/zbxe/index.php?mid=pds_rom&category=1217833&document_srl=2494955
transilate it so you can understand it.
now run the RSD Lite then connect the phone with (100% charging) press the power+vol up key,
there you see the failed to boot 3 & starting RSD. then you see the RSD has connected...
now press the ". . ." & then choose the big sbf file you have just downloded now it will take some
time for com completing 100%. and now your phone will reboots with austrilan rom.
then you can flash the "int-fix-try1.sbf' finally you can follow this thred's guide lines.

hope this will help all those korean users to unlock there bootloader sucessfully.:highfive:

Last edited:

ravibhupathi

Mar 8, 2015
hyderabad
Hi all

now i am running neutrino rom
i have unlocked the bootloader by the above steps i have mentioned
rooted with superoneclick ,flashed romracer's recovery
now i just love the hdmi landscape mirroring.
thank you all for making my phone more enjoyable.:victory:

palmbeach05

Oct 12, 2012
Motorola Atrix HD
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
now i am running neutrino rom
i have unlocked the bootloader by the above steps i have mentioned
rooted with superoneclick ,flashed romracer's recovery
now i just love the hdmi landscape mirroring.
thank you all for making my phone more enjoyable.:victory:

Congrats! Just a word of advice, Romracer's recovery is outdated, there is a CWM 5.0.2.7 floating around that is better

ravibhupathi

Mar 8, 2015
hyderabad
Last edited:
Reactions: palmbeach05

ravibhupathi

Mar 8, 2015
hyderabad
Hi palmbeach05

Congrats! Just a word of advice, Romracer's recovery is outdated, there is a CWM 5.0.2.7 floating around that is better

while running this neutrino rom 2.9EE everything seems to be fine but recently i have noticed a little problem
which is sound clarity over headphones issue. could you help me please........

Warstone

Apr 25, 2012
Thank you (the files are mssing most of them) but i found them on other websites scatterd around your tutorial is perfect i unlocked my bootloader this way it works even today.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Edited May 16 2012

Hi all,

Due to confusion and scared people I have decided to post simple instructions on how to unlock the bootloader on GB 2.3.4. I just received my Bell Atrix 4G, unlocked it for rogers and then rooted and unlocked the bootloader. I was confused by the pudding instructions, so I decided to recreate them In my own wording.

I take no responsibility for anything that happens to your phone or your heart stopping while you wait for your phone to reboot or if it is stuck on moto screen etc...

Credit for original tutorials go to the2dcour, romracer, Nottach, Faux123 and the others for all of their hard work.

Requirements:

1.Create a folder on your desktop named motounlock

2.Go here: xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1136261

Scroll down to where it says "RSDLite/Windows Drivers/Sbf_flash"

UPDATE: Download RSDLite from here : http://www.multiupload.com/T6NOEBKKLO . If you need x64 bit Drivers use the other link. thanks AnguishedEnd!

download the first two files for windows (RSDLite 5.5 link, x64 Windows drivers)

download the third file for linux/mac

3.Scroll until you see the big word "Unlock"

where it says "Unlocker only SBFs" download the second file UNLESS you are on ATT.

4. Scroll down to the word "Root" and download 'Fastboot' for your OS

5.unzip all of the files you just downloaded into the motounlock folder on your desktop

6. open the folder, install RSDLite, and afterwards install the Drivers.

Then follow these instructions

1. Power Down your atrix
    2. Take out your microSD card and SIM card for the flashing process
    3. While turning the phone on, hold the Volume Up button until it acknowledges RSD. Your device will say “Starting RSD protocol support”
    4. Run “RSD Lite” on your computer
    5. Press the “. . .” button next to the box labeled “Filename”
    6. Navigate to your desktop and open the motounlock folder and select the file named intl-fix-try1.sbf ( IT WILL BE DIFFERENT IF U ARE DOING THIS FOR ATT)
    7. Plug your device into your computer. RSD Lite should recognize your device and say “Model: NS Flash Olympus” and “Connected…” The acronym 'NS' may be different for your device people!!
    8. Press the “Start” button. The Flash actually failed for me, wait for it to complete to 100% it may FAIL or PASS! just make sure it gets to 100% leave your phone sitting for about 10 minutes AFTER RSD SAYS FAIL/SUCCESS.
    9. If nothing is happening after 10mins, perform a battery pull. Power the phone on while pressing vol-down. “Fastboot” Will show up on screen. DONT PLUG IT IN YET. Press volume up and let your phone sit. You will see “Starting Fastboot protocol support" LEAVE IT UNPLUGGED

10. press the windows key + R on your computer, type cmd and press enter
    11. command prompt will open. type cd C:\users\YOURNAME\desktop\motounlock press 'enter'
    12. Plug your device back into usb now
    13. back in your command prompt window type "fastboot oem unlock" no quotes

14. You will now receive a warning along with a unique device ID
    15. Type the following commands using your unique device ID (the numbers in the command prompt) in place of the ####
      • fastboot oem unlock ####
      • fastboot reboot
    16. your moto will reboot. UNLCOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Proper Recovery:

1. After your bootloader unlocked go to this link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1204500

2. Scroll down to where it says "ALL USERS" and download your favourite colour. (NOT THE ZIP VERSION) Place it in the motounlock folder that you have on your desktop.

3. Press the windows key + R on your computer, type cmd and press enter

4. A Command prompt will open. type cd C:\users\YOURNAME\desktop\motounlock press 'enter'

5. type "fastboot devices" Press Enter.
    5b. type "fastboot erase recovery" Press Enter.
    5c. type "fastboot flash recovery recovery-atrix5.img" Press Enter.

Wait for the command prompt to say : "writing 'recovery'... OKAY ['The amount of seconds it took here']"

5d.type "fastboot reboot"

DO NOT FORGET TO DO THIS PART: After the install of RomRacers recovery boot up your phone. Open up your favourite file browser (I used Astro file manager to do this ) and navigate to /system/etc/ and delete the file called 'install-recovery.sh'

You will be set 100% !

Installing a custom ROM (Any custom rom will work as long as it has unified kernel/Faux Kernel)
    MOST ROMS WILL COME PRE-ROOTED! Just saying, to avoid confusion.
    I will be using Nottach's Darkside ROM as an example, because Cyanogenmod does not have features included with original moto rom (this one is way more NOOB friendly) But this is COMMON PROCEDURE for almost every rom so be sure to follow this for whatever ROM you want to use.

1. Go here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1222108

2. Scroll down to where it says 'DOWNLOADS' and download the most current version.

3. When it is finished downloading you will have a ZIP file named something like "TheDarkSidev2.8.0-Wipe.zip"

4. Plug your phone in to your computer and transfer that file to your INTERNAL MEMORY.

5. MAKE SURE YOUR PHONE HAS DECENT CHARGE! I would say at least 50 percent. 70+ is recommended, I have done it with 40 + though.

6. Power Down your Phone.

7. Hold The POWER Button + VOL DOWN. DONT PRESS VOLUME UP WHEN YOU SEE FASTBOOT! Instead...

8. After fastboot shows up click volume down until " Android Recovery " shows up, about 7 down clicks. THEN press volume up.

***FIRST TIME ROM FLASHERS ONLY!!!!!!***
    WE ARE GOING TO BACKUP YOUR ORIGINAL ROM SO THAT IF YOU EVER DERP YOU WIL ALLWAYS HAVE A SOLID BACKUP
    Press VOLUME DOWN and go to backup and restore. Press the POWER BUTTON
    Press the POWER button on backup
    Select where you want to put your backup (internal or external memory)
    Backup INCLUDING WEBTOP! (if you ever think you will use it)
    Wait for it to finish.
    10. Ok now that you are in android recovery you have to do a few things before flash.
    a. Scroll down to "wipe data/factory reset" PRESS POWER. say yes to EVERYTHING until it goes back to the main screen.
    b. scroll down to "wipe cache partition" PRESS POWER. say YES. Wait for return to main menu
    c. Scroll down to"advanced", click "wipe dalvik cache" Go back to "advanced", "wipe battery stats

11. At the main menu, Scroll to "install Zip from SDcard" Press POWER.
    12.scroll down to "choose zip from internal sdcard"
    13. select the ZIP file that you saved to your INTERNAL memory. If you're using darkside the file name is "TheDarkSidev2.8.0-Wipe.zip"
    14. Scroll down to "YES - install TheDarkSidev2.8.0-Wipe.zip" Press POWER
    15. Let your phone work its magic!
    16. When it is finished installing, you will be returned to the recovery main menu.
    17. click "reboot system now"
    18. Let it boot! This can take anywhere from 10 seconds to 5+ MINUTES! if you dont see it move from the "unlocked" screen after 10 minutes Perform a battery pull and power on again. If it hangs then all you have to do is go into recvoery click "backup and restore" and restore your original ROM. Or like me, have one of every kind of ROM on your storage in case I feel the need to change it on the go! :p

19. YOUR PHONE HAS BEEN SUCCESSFULLY TURNED INTO A FULLY OPEN DROID :) Pat yourself on the back and have a drink to your accomplishments . We on XDA knew you could do it!

Some solutions to issues:

As ar31791 said,

Anyone having issues not being able to boot into CWM recovery after flashing it (such as seeing android guy with exclamation mark):

Delete or rename /system/etc/install-recovery.sh AND /etc/install-recovery.sh I renamed mine to bkup.install-recovery.sh in case i ever wanted to use them again for some reason.

/etc/install-recovery.sh will automatically be placed in /system/etc if /system/etc/install-recovery.sh is not found on boot.
    So, you must delete or rename both, THEN INSTALL CWM recovery.

rename the files using ROM Toolbox's root explorer as some file explorers will not give you the proper access levels to delete or rename the files correctly.c

Hope this helps it worked for me. I was afraid of a brick because nobody clarified the steps that were involved in RSDLite. It may be nerve racking, but it does work!! Enjoy and thanks again to the2dcour, romracer, Nottach, Faux123 and anybody else who has helped in the scene that I didnt have a chance to mention. PM me if I forgot you!
    Oh, and just to let everybody know when your bootloader is successfully unlocked it will say unlocked at the top left of your screen everytime you turn it on. just wait, this is normal.
    OMG thank you so much tayshun!! I just spent 2 hours reading through that pudding post mess trying to figure out how to do this for a 2.3.4 bell atrix....
    I was very nervous about trying something without clear directions in case I brick my phone. You're a lifesaver :)

I understand your grief hahaha. Feel free to press the thank you button at the bottom of my post. I'm trying to get a good reputation around here as I am going to school for programming and I will probably be in these dev forums daily to get help cooking Roms!
    Hey all,

I'm glad that you guys like my tutorial!

I didnt realize that it had so many views lol :p

I tried to keep it as straight forward for the most part, but I will edit the post to clarify to people about most(if not all) custom roms being rooted.

I'll try to remain on the atrix scene, although I have parted and got the samsung I927r (Captivate Glide) although I preferred my Atrix .

But if I'm not around I'm sure that regular forum go-ers are more than happy to help you guys out!.

If anything just PM me.

Tayshun12
    worked

Fantastic summary.
    Worked like a charm.
    :eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Bell Atrix with retail updates.
    Thanks a million!

...Damnit, still can't remove Kobo; wtf!