Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,622 Members 44,650 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] Manbearpig's guide to a smooth ride with your O3D

Tip us?

jocazmaj
Old
(Last edited by jocazmaj; 23rd January 2013 at 05:09 PM.) Reason: made a mistake
Thanks Meter 84
Rooting was a success!
Thanx man!

jonboyo
Old
(Last edited by jonboyo; 24th January 2013 at 02:30 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
ThiaiZO3D V2.6.1 PRADA- works with 21a but the video recording is a disaster, no 3d recording and recorded videos won't play back.
so tried->

XPlay3D 2.0 V21D OC 1.2ghz Xperia with timescape + Widets works great with 21a
No problems using CWM/ROM manager.

Further 21a rom testing->

Typhoon V1.1 2.3.6 base GB Rom -with 21a- this caused my phone to state I had 0 memory on the internal SD card when I had a couple of gigs like before when I installed a rom for 21e by mistake.
This was despite it saying-"Before you even start you must make sure you have any V20 baseband or any V21 baseband."

This was only until I installed the kernal fix but then with the 21a V4.2 kernal, my wireless didn't work only the connection to the network.
Then when installing the recommended V0.6r from samno's kernel the error of sms refreshing and freezing occurs....

Ahhh it's a bugger finding a bug free rom.

Wish I could use rom manager to update baseband.

I'll have to revert to stock rom and figure out how to install with the trickier methods I assume if I'm ever to update to ICS one day.

Unless someone has a backup of stock 21a zip which will work with rom manager?
...mind you I'll still be rooted and removing that isn't just a case of uninstalling superuser I assume?
I did notice that rom manager on rebooting from CWM after freshly installing XPlay3D 2.0 asked if I wanted to re-install root...so wonder if I said no or somesuch I wouldn't have root access.

Benja_Bueno
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Good job

d33mon
Old
(Last edited by d33mon; 5th February 2013 at 01:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation problemes!!!!

hy,
i've rooted successfuly my lg p920 BUT after install this rom [ROM] DNA_GB 3.3.3 V21E a have big problems.
the big problem is when i restart the phone it say not enough memory and i can't install nothing
another problem is when i try to call it keep give this error: proccess com.android.phone stoped working .......

what i want to know now is if it's a way to come back to original firmware or to resolve the problem with the memory.

Jdiaz1102
Old
Thanks Meter 4
INFORMATION:

We've talked about some fellow in the ICS thread (HTCSpain).

From tomorrow until the weekend, so it is not just one day, we will bomb on twitter at @ LG_ES and @ LG_Mobile_. There can not delete any messages, NONE and besides, if we are followers of these, we will see all the tweets we send and we Retuittearlos, which will make a big ball of complaints by the update, among others. We will see and we will make known to prospective buyers what lies LG.

In addition we will be in there too all (it never hurts to know us beyond HTCSPAIN, HTCMania or XDA).

I know we do not need any official update but if removed, provide much, much, much, what is left to polish, (Camera, languages​​, 3D ...).

We must demand the happy update and ... Why not? they release the "real 3D" that someday CyanogenMod or other 3D can implement all their Roms.

If you have not yet, and you are creating a twitter account that tomorrow begins the bombing of twits and RTs.

We have also made ​​known to other users or HTCMania XDA Forums (THE STRENGTH)

Greetings to all!

Translate by Google.

INFORMACIÓN:

Lo hemos hablado algunos compañeros en el hilo de ICS (HTCSpain).

A partir de MAÑANA y hasta el fin de semana, para que no sea un solo día, vamos a bombardear por twitter a @LG_ES y a @LG_Mobile_ . Ahí no pueden borrar ningún mensaje, NINGUNO y además, si somos seguidores de éstos, nos aparecerán todos los twitts que enviémos y podremos Retuittearlos, con lo que haremos una gran bola de quejas por la actualización, entre otras. Nos van a ver y vamos a hacer saber a los futuros compradores de LG lo que les depara.

Además nos veremos por allí también todos (que nunca está demás que nos conozcamos más allá de HTCSPAIN, HTCManía o XDA).

Ya sé que no nos hace falta ninguna actualización oficial pero si la sacan, facilitarán mucho, mucho, mucho, lo poco que queda por pulir, (Cámara, idiomas, 3d...).

Hay que exigir la dichosa actualización y... ¿por qué no? que liberen el "real 3D" para que algún día CyanogenMod u otros puedan implementar todo el 3D en sus Roms.

Si aún no la tenéis, ya os estais creando una cuenta en twitter que mañana empieza el bombardeo de twits y RTs.

También lo hemos hecho saber a usuarios de otros foros como XDA o HTCManía (LA UNIÓN HACE LA FUERZA)

Un saludo a todos!

jonboyo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by d33mon View Post
hy,
i've rooted successfuly my lg p920 BUT after install this rom [ROM] DNA_GB 3.3.3 V21E a have big problems.
the big problem is when i restart the phone it say not enough memory and i can't install nothing
another problem is when i try to call it keep give this error: proccess com.android.phone stoped working .......

what i want to know now is if it's a way to come back to original firmware or to resolve the problem with the memory.
This happened to me because the baseband was wrong.
What was your original baseband?
The same happened to me with v21a.
if not compatible with the rom then return to your backup or try a different rom. eg Play 3d v2.0 worked for me (also by the same creator).

d33mon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboyo View Post
This happened to me because the baseband was wrong.
What was your original baseband?
The same happened to me with v21a.
if not compatible with the rom then return to your backup or try a different rom. eg Play 3d v2.0 worked for me (also by the same creator).
I've made it to work, and I lost my back-up

thyanks

odanhammer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Ok well i got a optimus 3d a few days ago , least to say it was something cheap for a few months until i could afford a better phone.
Froyo 2.2.2 isn't what i am use to , having a galaxy note up until a few weeks ago when i had to sell it.

So anyways i was following this guide. Appreciate the guide , i imagine it works.. however i had a problem and i seem to be stuck as what to do.
I rooted fine.. checked with root checker, installed Rom manager, went to flash clockwork mod.. my phone went black , and now i'm stuck on the lg logo , it will not go into recovery , it will not do anything. Has anyone any option?
i tried smartflash , that gave me an error.
I do any the ability to use my xperia play if worse comes to worse, or spending 20 bucks to get someone who "knows" how to do this to do it.
But any help would be much apprecaited.

vic.davies
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Please help me get back into my phone :(

Hello everyone, I am a complete newbie to all this rooting stuff, I simply wanted to root my phone so that I have full access to it should I get problems in the future as about 3 months ago my phone totally locked up and wouldnt load past the lg screen and my warranty is now out, so I wanted to do this to save myself some repair bills in future.

Ok so here is my problem, I followed Manbearpigs guide word for word, managed to root my phone, got the little superuser icon in the menu, and I proceeded with the flash clockwork to do the first back up the guide says to do, I renamed it to todays date (just easier for me that way) and when I pressed "back up" the phone did what the guide said it would do and it switched off, however not to come back on in recovery mode and now the phone sometimes switches on, get to the lg screen, stay like that for a minute then turn off again. I have tried pressing the volume buttons and power button but either im doing something wrong or its not working.

Please does anyone have any advice as i am lost without my phone! Please in as simple terms as poss. Many thanks in advance.

John.

NB I am not stating that Manbearpigs guide is wrong or does not work, I found it very easy to follow I just think this is one of those things, either that or ive done something accidentally along the way!

bje0716
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default thak you

good nice works!