Best sd card for Galaxy S4 Mini LTE

Search This thread

JayjohnX

Jul 13, 2014
can you please post a speed test?

Yes, but how do I do that?

ok, just tried something:
got this card: http://www.amazon.de/SanDisk-SDSDQX-064G-U46A-Extreme-microSDXC-Speicherkarte/dp/B00D6XTMFC
specified as reading: 80MB/s, writing: 50MB/s

tested:
SD Card tester: App crashes
SD Tools (anyhow don't see if it is testing internal or external SD): reading: 493.9MB/s, writing: 132.6MB/s -> doesn't really make sense as the card is specified much lower
A1 SD Bench: reading: 20.73MB/s, writing: 18.99MB/s -> result seems very low, App says for internal memory reading: 40.04MB/s, writing: 5.31MB/s -> maybe "real" speed, because others are also accessing the card

Last edited:

ozi5783

Nov 21, 2010
Yes, but how do I do that?

thanks. i just want to know if our phone supports uhs ultra or extreme speed. i had a 32gb sandisk extreme pro on htc desire z and galaxy s3 mini, but it never reached high speed on either of them because of the phone hardware limitation

Sent from my GT-I9195 using XDA Free mobile app

ssgg007

May 25, 2015
don't know which microsd card works the best on the s4 mini. However, here is a link of more recent cards that were tested on a pc.

read/write speed can be so different between them.

forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/sd-microsd-benchmarks-4808782.html#post88971953

Dead-end. E

Apr 7, 2016
Am I mistaken to think that it doesn't really matter and you'll hardly notice it? I just bought a SanDisk Ultra 32gb.

xWhiskey

Nov 26, 2012
Am I mistaken to think that it doesn't really matter and you'll hardly notice it? I just bought a SanDisk Ultra 32gb.

Years ago there were discussions where it turned out that some devices performed really poorly if they had microSD cards with low random 4k speeds. These cards typically had high sequential speeds (class 10s) but sacrificed everything else. If I remember correctly, Kingston was notorious in this regard, while Sandisk had good cards all-around, regardless of the price range.

Nowadays, I believe any microSD in the mid-to-high price range (such as the one you mentioned) should be ok. For low-range cards, you might want to Google some benchmark results to make sure you're getting a proper card.

Personally, I bought a really cheap class 4 Sandisk 16GB which in actuality performs close to class 8, according to the benchmarks. No problems so far.

Dead-end. E

Apr 7, 2016
Years ago there were discussions where it turned out that some devices performed really poorly if they had microSD cards with low random 4k speeds. These cards typically had high sequential speeds (class 10s) but sacrificed everything else. If I remember correctly, Kingston was notorious in this regard, while Sandisk had good cards all-around, regardless of the price range.

Nowadays, I believe any microSD in the mid-to-high price range (such as the one you mentioned) should be ok. For low-range cards, you might want to Google some benchmark results to make sure you're getting a proper card.

Personally, I bought a really cheap class 4 Sandisk 16GB which in actuality performs close to class 8, according to the benchmarks. No problems so far.
Great thank you very much for the advice!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using XDA-Developers mobile app

jack_daws

Oct 21, 2015
please is any information abou sd card speed ???

how speed can s4 mini phone read / write sd card ?

has a meaning/purpose purchase UHS U3 microsd card read 90 / write 45 MB/s ???

or phone dont utilize at this speed ?

Top Liked Posts