Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] what's your favorite launcher for the note pro ?

OP lightdelegate

10th August 2014, 03:20 PM   |  #41  
Thanks Meter: 97

351 posts
More
I used to use Apex but picked up Nova on sale. I preferred Apex at the time because of some of the app drawer options (which Nova still lacks!), but Nova won me over with the speed and screen options. You can put icons and widgets anywhere you want. I've not used another launcher since, so I can't really say how they compare now.
10th August 2014, 06:59 PM   |  #42  
Thanks Meter: 27

212 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duly.noted

Using gmd gesture control. Setting a gesture that opens the launcher I want. Then I can just use a gesture to switch. Home button always goes to the default one though. So still trying to work that out. As far as I can tell no way to make the system change the default assigned app using tasker or anything like it :/

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I may have a solution for those of you who are trying to use multiple launchers and having a tough time assigning the default 'Home' button. I set my Note Pro up this way from day one because I, unlike some, like the magazine UX widgets but dislike the wated screen real estate with the huge margins and lack of customization options on the regular screens. I rooted and installed ADW Launcher EX. You can use whatever launcher you prefer it does not matter. I assigned it to the 'Home' button. Then with Minimalistic Text widget I assigned a static text widget that can be set up to say or do whatever you want, to activate Touchwiz Launcher. Now my alternative launcher is my default and whenever I want to get back to my magazine interface of the stock launcher, I simply double tap the widget I created. You can choose double or single tap. I tried the gesture option at first but it is not responsive with the pen and I prefer use my pen more than my finger so I wont have to clean the screen as often Anyway, with this set up, I have 3 screens for work related things on the ADW Launcher Ex side and on the Touchwiz launcher screens I have all my personal stuff and of course the magazine widgets. When I am sharing the tablet with someone I can choose which launcher environment they view as an alternative to creating a second account. I apologize for this being so long but I hope it helps someone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Isun For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread