Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,909 Members 37,495 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unable to install CWM or TWRP on Note 3 after 4.4.2 update

Tip us?

vadimo
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondprincessxoo View Post
so.... yeah i just updated my bootloader to 4.4.2 and this drove me literally insane. ive been working on it for 4 hours now. i encountered so many problems with installing the bootloader. exact same problem as SID8907. i gotta tell you tho.... you worked some magic my friend. i tried almost everything. then i came across your link. i was like why not? so i flashed the img in odin..... anddddd :drumroll pleaseeeeee:: IT WORKED. ahhh....... so much frustration and the problem is solved!!! thank you so much JP.26
i am too came up on this thread and have to say that this post saved me: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=398

i have tried so many different recover versions i just couldn't get it to work, it was frustrating
Phone: HTC Desire HD (Runnning Android Revolution HD 7.0)
Tablet: Asus Transformer Prime TF201 with dock (Running AndroWook Hairy Bean v1.51)

mdanjum30
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default same problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid8907 View Post
So I've been running a rooted Note 3 for a while. When the Note 3 Kitkat update came out, I updated it via Odin as OTA update was not available since I was rooted.

All the posts I read had mentioned that updating to 4.4.2 from 4.3 would erase all my data but after updating via odin all my data was in place. I had only lost root which I rooted again though CF Auto Root.

The problem now is that when I try to install CWM (via Odin) or TWRP (via Goo or Odin), it goes through the installation but then the phone goes into a boot loop of sorts..It's NOT the normal boot loop which gets stuck on the Samsung logo.

What happens is that the phone vibrates twice (with a 1 sec interval in between), then the Samsung Note 3 N-9005 screen appears with "Booting Recovery..." on the top left and within a sec it goes blank and then back to 2 vibrates and the screen come on to show Samsung Note 3 N-9005.

The only way I found to fix this was a battery pull and then turning on the device holding the power, home and down vol key to boot into recovery and then flashing CF Auto Root again.

I don't know why am I not able to install any of these recoveries. I've made sure I try to install the latest versions of them which are Kitkat compatible.

Anyone else with this problem or a solution?

Can a Cache and data wipe fix this? But the problem again being I won't be able to backup my ROM since i can't get these recoveries to install!
Iam experiencing the same problem, please tag me if you get response

CHRIST STARZ
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Has anyone found a solution yet??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

vadimo
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRIST STARZ View Post
Has anyone found a solution yet??

have you not been reading the thread? this link solved my issue http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=398
Tablet: Asus Transformer Prime TF201 with dock (Running AndroWook Hairy Bean v1.51)

CHRIST STARZ
Old
Thanks Meter 1
You have to forgive me because I clicked the link but I have no idea what to do

vadimo
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRIST STARZ View Post
You have to forgive me because I clicked the link but I have no idea what to do

assuming you are rooted, follow this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2704363

CHRIST STARZ
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I don't know what name my phone is under on the twrp list