No registration required

How I rooted Android to eliminate a cable internet and TV bill

OP stevep2007

4th March 2014, 09:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

19 posts
Hi

I thought I would share this experience: Hacking an Android phone for $8 monthly broadband and TV

My girlfriend has been transferred to San Antonio. She wanted television and broadband but not the $80 a month cable/interent bill.

She has T-Mobile's unlimited data plan so I rooted her phone and installed WiFi Tether Router on it and bought her Aereo live television for $8 a month and saved a truckload of money.

Aereo rebroadcasts over the air television over the internet delivering crystal clear HD.

Best
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stevep2007 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th March 2014, 02:23 PM   |  #2  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Donate to Me
More
Nice article its indeed a interesting point of view but there's so many other things to consider. The location on america could be ok but even here in london i have a lot of connection problems and i am also a gamer i wouldnt like to have my connection delaying my game experience

However ya.. it could be a good oppurtunity who doesnt spend to much time at home or dont mind fail an episode here and then..

Also for those who may not know.. yet... which i find impossible lol. London's three operator is a low cost Unlimited Data and also others are following their step such Phone Houses and Orange (which is on promotion Sims right now)
5th March 2014, 09:59 PM   |  #3  
Flag new york

7 posts
More
Wink
Wow.. what a good idea man.. Thanks for the info.
15th March 2014, 02:15 AM   |  #4  
Flag Woodbridge

5 posts
More
thx
Interesting read! Thanks for sharing.
10th August 2014, 08:37 PM   |  #5  

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevep2007

Hi

I thought I would share this experience: Hacking an Android phone for $8 monthly broadband and TV

My girlfriend has been transferred to San Antonio. She wanted television and broadband but not the $80 a month cable/interent bill.

She has T-Mobile's unlimited data plan so I rooted her phone and installed WiFi Tether Router on it and bought her Aereo live television for $8 a month and saved a truckload of money.

Aereo rebroadcasts over the air television over the internet delivering crystal clear HD.

Best

Is that a 4G phone or something?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aereo, android, lte 4g connectivity, t-mobile, wifi router
Previous Thread Next Thread