How I rooted Android to eliminate a cable internet and TV bill

Tip us?

stevep2007
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default How I rooted Android to eliminate a cable internet and TV bill

Hi

I thought I would share this experience: Hacking an Android phone for $8 monthly broadband and TV

My girlfriend has been transferred to San Antonio. She wanted television and broadband but not the $80 a month cable/interent bill.

She has T-Mobile's unlimited data plan so I rooted her phone and installed WiFi Tether Router on it and bought her Aereo live television for $8 a month and saved a truckload of money.

Aereo rebroadcasts over the air television over the internet delivering crystal clear HD.

Best
The Following User Says Thank You to stevep2007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Josh_lopes
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Nice article its indeed a interesting point of view but there's so many other things to consider. The location on america could be ok but even here in london i have a lot of connection problems and i am also a gamer i wouldnt like to have my connection delaying my game experience

However ya.. it could be a good oppurtunity who doesnt spend to much time at home or dont mind fail an episode here and then..

Also for those who may not know.. yet... which i find impossible lol. London's three operator is a low cost Unlimited Data and also others are following their step such Phone Houses and Orange (which is on promotion Sims right now)

jeeezlaweeez
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Wow.. what a good idea man.. Thanks for the info.

gnomebrew
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default thx

Interesting read! Thanks for sharing.

gume
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevep2007 View Post
Hi

I thought I would share this experience: Hacking an Android phone for $8 monthly broadband and TV

My girlfriend has been transferred to San Antonio. She wanted television and broadband but not the $80 a month cable/interent bill.

She has T-Mobile's unlimited data plan so I rooted her phone and installed WiFi Tether Router on it and bought her Aereo live television for $8 a month and saved a truckload of money.

Aereo rebroadcasts over the air television over the internet delivering crystal clear HD.

Best
Is that a 4G phone or something?
Tags
aereo, android, lte 4g connectivity, t-mobile, wifi router