Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Can i flash a SM-G900F firmware in the t-mo variant?

OP francescopp

29th April 2014, 11:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Mérida
Thanks Meter: 9

53 posts
More
As the title says, can I flash a firmware from the European qualcomm S5 SM-G900F in my t mobile SM-G900T??

I want to flash the uk version SM-G900FXXU1ANCE since those from europe are mostly bloatware-free (the ones that are not from a carrier)
30th April 2014, 07:06 PM   |  #2  
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 450

498 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by francescopp

As the title says, can I flash a firmware from the European qualcomm S5 SM-G900F in my t mobile SM-G900T??

I want to flash the uk version SM-G900FXXU1ANCE since those from europe are mostly bloatware-free (the ones that are not from a carrier)

Whatever you try, don't flash the bootloaders from any other phone to your device, unless you absolutely know what you're doing.

Otherwise, you might just give it a shot. If you have a good recovery (e.g. TWRP) or something that you can use to get back to stock easily, then there's little risk. Keep in mind that you'll only want to flash the Kernel and the ROM, but you'll want to leave everything else alone (bootloaders and recovery for example).

If by "firmware from...", you mean the odin/kies firmware package, then these typically include the whole shebang. These will probably have bootloaders, recovery, and every partition included. I don't recommend using these unless you know how to dissect them and remove the bad parts.
1st May 2014, 03:33 PM   |  #3  
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 368

757 posts
More
Quote:

Yes, all ROMs from international S5 forum will work. Just don't flash anything Exynos based as far as recoveries go.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
1st May 2014, 05:55 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Mérida
Thanks Meter: 9

53 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynospectrum

Yes, all ROMs from international S5 forum will work. Just don't flash anything Exynos based as far as recoveries go.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

so, if i go to sammobile and download any sm-g900f firmware is safe to flash it as is? or should i remove the bootloader as aou recommends in the previous answer?
1st May 2014, 05:59 PM   |  #5  
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 368

757 posts
More
Quote:

so, if i go to sammobile and download any sm-g900f firmware is safe to flash it as is? or should i remove the bootloader as aou recommends in the previous answer?

Read my first response, only ROMS from the international S5 forum on XDA. DO NOT flash firmware for a different model from SamMobile.
10th August 2014, 09:11 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 8

53 posts
I tried to flash the last firmware from G900F and got fail on ODIN. The thing is, if I use Mobile Odin I'll be able to flash only parts of the firmware. I mean, in order to change only the android, not anything else like bootloader or things that can brick the phone..., which options should I check on Mobile Odin? Kernel, Recovery, System, Cache, Modem, Modem #2, Hidden?
Thanks in advance
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
europe rom, flash sm-g900f rom
Previous Thread Next Thread