[Q] Rogers I337M

OP Laethageal

7th June 2014, 02:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Hello.

I'm not a pro at flashing but I did manage to root and unlock my phone following the explanation I found here when I bought my S4 a while ago.

A few months ago, I updated my custom from Alpha rom which was 6month+ old to Echoe illusion v18.

I did try goldeneye before but had trouble keeping the only game I use running without constant crash (every 10-30min).

Now I'm just borred of it all as Echoe keep it more stable (crash once in a while, every 4-8 game which is 1.5-2.5hrs) but with this rom the game lag and sometimes freeze for 0.5 to 3-4 sec before resuming. The game I'm playing is Heroes of order and chaos. Since this is an online MOBA it really suck. I can tell for sure it isn't connection issue as ping issue keep every unit in game to keep their animation of moving but stays on place, while the issue I speak of here is a total freeze for a few second.

I also experience trouble with the modem since I updated from Alpha rom. I lose connection pretty soon as I stop using internet/phone and have to ask the phone to check for carrier to get back the signal. I'll mostly never lose it during use. It also takes a long time for the phone to find my SIM after a reboot, as in 10-20 minutes.

I was wondering if someone of you could recommand a bug free ROM which would help improve the performance in Heroes of Order and Chaos at the same time. I'm not looking for a fancy ROM. I don't care for customization much. I want it stable, samsung junk free if possible. I did really like the interface Echoe illusion have during phone call but I can go back to stock if it'll fix the game issue.

Some info that you might need (or not I don't know)
Current ROM : Echoe Illusion V18 i9505xxunbh
Security software version : MDF v1.0
Kernel:
3.4.0-Jeboo_kernel_v3.0a-i+
Baseband: I337MVLUAMDJ

Thanks for the help!
Last edited by Laethageal; 7th June 2014 at 05:46 PM.
10th August 2014, 08:31 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 24

108 posts
More
MDJ = Android 4.2.2 I think...? Need a rom to match, or better flash a modem to match whatever rom you're using, otherwise will have frequent data drops esp if using kitkat roms

I find NC1 and NE1 modems both suck in my area though (using Koodo off Telus network).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laethageal

Hello.

I'm not a pro at flashing but I did manage to root and unlock my phone following the explanation I found here when I bought my S4 a while ago.

A few months ago, I updated my custom from Alpha rom which was 6month+ old to Echoe illusion v18.

I did try goldeneye before but had trouble keeping the only game I use running without constant crash (every 10-30min).

Now I'm just borred of it all as Echoe keep it more stable (crash once in a while, every 4-8 game which is 1.5-2.5hrs) but with this rom the game lag and sometimes freeze for 0.5 to 3-4 sec before resuming. The game I'm playing is Heroes of order and chaos. Since this is an online MOBA it really suck. I can tell for sure it isn't connection issue as ping issue keep every unit in game to keep their animation of moving but stays on place, while the issue I speak of here is a total freeze for a few second.

I also experience trouble with the modem since I updated from Alpha rom. I lose connection pretty soon as I stop using internet/phone and have to ask the phone to check for carrier to get back the signal. I'll mostly never lose it during use. It also takes a long time for the phone to find my SIM after a reboot, as in 10-20 minutes.

I was wondering if someone of you could recommand a bug free ROM which would help improve the performance in Heroes of Order and Chaos at the same time. I'm not looking for a fancy ROM. I don't care for customization much. I want it stable, samsung junk free if possible. I did really like the interface Echoe illusion have during phone call but I can go back to stock if it'll fix the game issue.

Some info that you might need (or not I don't know)
Current ROM : Echoe Illusion V18 i9505xxunbh
Security software version : MDF v1.0
Kernel:
3.4.0-Jeboo_kernel_v3.0a-i+
Baseband: I337MVLUAMDJ

Thanks for the help!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread