Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,939 Members 49,818 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

*** How To Update From JB 4.3 To KK 4.4.2 On Verizon RETAIL NOTE 3 ***

Tip us?

Don_Pachuco
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Yeah, I got it rooted. Super user installed. I have all of these files on my SD card, but can't get safestrap installed. I can't see it. It shows in my app drawer cut I reinstalled it from 'my apps' in the play store. I want BajaROM not stock.

az_biker
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2,202

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Pachuco View Post
Yeah, I got it rooted. Super user installed. I have all of these files on my SD card, but can't get safestrap installed. I can't see it. It shows in my app drawer cut I reinstalled it from 'my apps' in the play store. I want BajaROM not stock.
Install Safestrap like a normal app, once installed you go into the app and choose "install recovery" it's a two step process

Notorious 3

Don_Pachuco
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
I did and it says not installed

Don_Pachuco
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Any idea why, with any version of SafeStrap, I cannot boot into recovery through it? Is it because it was VZW's stock 4.4.2? I mean it's rooted, safestrap shows "recovery installed", but when I hit reboot into recovery, it just restarts like normal.

az_biker
Old
Thanks Meter 2,202

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Pachuco View Post
Any idea why, with any version of SafeStrap, I cannot boot into recovery through it? Is it because it was VZW's stock 4.4.2? I mean it's rooted, safestrap shows "recovery installed", but when I hit reboot into recovery, it just restarts like normal.
I know with 4.4.2 you must use Safestrap 3.72. But not sure what else to try.

Notorious 3

killajerv129
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Did the phone already come with stock on it or did you install the 4.4.2 yourself

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bradleyem
Old
Thanks Meter 12
He said that he got a replacement phone tat already had it installed. Unfortunately he may be screwed until someone cracks the stock KitKat bootloader. I don't think it's possible to go back from stock KitKat yet

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on Verizon Running Baja ROM 14
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Stock Rooted
The Following User Says Thank You to bradleyem For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Don_Pachuco
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyem View Post
He said that he got a replacement phone tat already had it installed. Unfortunately he may be screwed until someone cracks the stock KitKat bootloader. I don't think it's possible to go back from stock KitKat yet

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I got the original one working again, minus the VZW stock voicemail. I did add a different visual voicemail app to it to get by with. I can deal with it. THANKS everyone for all the helpful comments. If I could just do something about the darn thing constantly saying "no internet connection" when I have both wi-fi and mobile data turned on, and the stupid thing saying that wi-fi is connected in notification drop down, I'd be like 97% happy

Batman8
Old
(Last edited by Batman8; 10th August 2014 at 06:25 AM.)
Thanks Meter 46
Default Stuck in bootloop...PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

I have recently run into problems with my Note 3 since going through this rooted kit kat update a few months ago from the first page of this post. After recently experiencing terrible lag and still having connection issues for months (phone signal and data connections) I decided to do a Factory Data Reset (FDR) to clear things out and start fresh. Well at first the phone would not reset! I did it about 5 times and each time the phone would just sit saying "shutting down" but would sit there like that for an hour or more until I would pull the battery. Today, I tried it again and the phone seemed to reset but then took me to a black screen with the Samsung logo and with blue writing at the top that says "recovery booting", then a few seconds later it keeps restarting and puts the same writing on the screen...basically like a bootloop. I can't follow the instructions here exactly like I did the first time because I can't even get into recovery now to "wipe" anything or to install the odexed or deodexed files through recovery (and I MUST have root for many of my most important apps to run).

So what's the best way to at least get my phone back up and running again on kk and w/root? Since I have already performed all of those steps in the first post about a couple of months ago, is it even necessary to do them all again or can I just reflash the kit kat file in odin and still keep root?

Please help me out with some pointers please (ASAP) because I am now without my device when I normally use it for many things all day! Thanks.

** PS - Nevermind...

az_biker
Old
Thanks Meter 2,202

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman8 View Post
I have recently run into problems with my Note 3 since going through this rooted kit kat update a few months ago from the first page of this post. After recently experiencing terrible lag and still having connection issues for months (phone signal and data connections) I decided to do a Factory Data Reset (FDR) to clear things out and start fresh. Well at first the phone would not reset! I did it about 5 times and each time the phone would just sit saying "shutting down" but would sit there like that for an hour or more until I would pull the battery. Today, I tried it again and the phone seemed to reset but then took me to a black screen with the Samsung logo and with blue writing at the top that says "recovery booting", then a few seconds later it keeps restarting and puts the same writing on the screen...basically like a bootloop. I can't follow the instructions here exactly like I did the first time because I can't even get into recovery now to "wipe" anything or to install the odexed or deodexed files through recovery (and I MUST have root for many of my most important apps to run).

So what's the best way to at least get my phone back up and running again on kk and w/root? Since I have already performed all of those steps in the first post about a couple of months ago, is it even necessary to do them all again or can I just reflash the kit kat file in odin and still keep root?

Please help me out with some pointers please (ASAP) because I am now without my device when I normally use it for many things all day! Thanks.

** PS - Nevermind...
I've been crazy busy at work, sorry I missed this. What did you end up doing?

Notorious 3

Tags
4.4.2, kitkat, kitkat 4.4.2, kitkat update, update 4.3 to 4.4.2 on verizon retail note 3